See a doc?

YorksLass

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in very early pregnancy, about 4 1/2 weeks and I've started bleeding. I assume it's a straightforward miscarriage - it feels like normal period cramps.
The question is, is seeing a doctor necessary this early, or should I just wait it out and then use a test to confirm?
Any advice appreciated x

Hi,

I'm in very early pregnancy, about 4 1/2 weeks and I've started bleeding. I assume it's a straightforward miscarriage - it feels like normal period cramps.
The question is, is seeing a doctor necessary this early, or should I just wait it out and then use a test to confirm?
Any advice appreciated x

I'm so sorry to hear this!

What's the bleeding like? I had bleeding on a d off up till 20 weeks with my first.

If it was heavy I would just test in a week and see. I started bleeding at about 4+4 last time I think.

:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this!

What's the bleeding like? I had bleeding on a d off up till 20 weeks with my first.

If it was heavy I would just test in a week and see. I started bleeding at about 4+4 last time I think.

:hug:
Thanks for replying - it's pretty much like a heavy period type bleed. Is that what you experienced with your first?

Thanks for replying - it's pretty much like a heavy period type bleed. Is that what you experienced with your first?

I never had heavy bleeding. It varied from spotting to light bleeding like a period. A girl I was pregnant the same time as had two heavy bleeds and all was fine In their pregnancy.

Its difficult to get doctors to take you seriously when your this early. Mine did did do bloods and a scan though.

My grandmother actually bled every month like normal up untill 7 months, she didnt even realise she was pregnant.

Hope everything is ok for you x

I never had heavy bleeding. It varied from spotting to light bleeding like a period. A girl I was pregnant the same time as had two heavy bleeds and all was fine In their pregnancy.

Its difficult to get doctors to take you seriously when your this early. Mine did did do bloods and a scan though.

My grandmother actually bled every month like normal up untill 7 months, she didnt even realise she was pregnant.

Hope everything is ok for you x
Thank you. I'll probably give the docs a call tomorrow and see if there's anything I need to do. I can't imagine they'll do much with it being so early, as you say...
I'll see how it goes and test, though x

Oh no I am so sorry. If you want to check and see what your levels are doing you can do that, it did help put my mind at ease when I had a loss. I also kept testing to make sure they went back to stark BFN before we tried again. Huge hugs.

Oh no I am so sorry. If you want to check and see what your levels are doing you can do that, it did help put my mind at ease when I had a loss. I also kept testing to make sure they went back to stark BFN before we tried again. Huge hugs.
Thank you Kholl x
I'm pretty sure it's a loss, so it would be just testing to confirm, really and putting my mind at ease, as you say.

I am so sorry you are going through this. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back