Second hand prams

H16

Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts on second hand prams?

I would love to spend £400+ on a new pram but I just don't have that kind of spare cash available so am thinking second hand is probably my only option as I don't want to just go for a brand new cheapy one that has terrible reviews...

Has anyone else bought a second hand pram, if so what would you recommend I look out for when buying second hand? I'm a little lost... :(

xx

I am in exactly the same situation hun.

My dad brought me a second hand Travel system... I personally look at the condition and how clean it is, also how sturdy it feels. My dad was lucky to get mine...

xxx

I'm planning to buy second hand, started nosing round e bay and there's tons on there. Going to check out what I want in a shop first though!! We're not buying anything until after 20 weeks so loads of time.

I'd do some research online and maybe go to a baby shop where there are plenty displayed you can look at and give a try. You'll get an idea of the sort of thing you like. You can then scour eBay, gumtree, preloved etc to see what's available. Also worth looking out for NCT nearly new sales. Sometimes you can pick up buggy bargains. I agree I'd look for condition and cleanliness and non smoking house etc. I was lucky and managed to pick up the double buggy I wanted off gumtree.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I was in same position - check condition and tyres and go for it

I have a fab £300 pram and car seat from mothercare for £21!!!! Off eBay was incredibly lucky hardly used - they hadnt put a reserve on it!
I took the whole thing apart literally unscrewed every screw took everything off it and washed it just for peace of mind put it back togther and its perfect

Was so happy :) with babies you can go mad spending £100's on things but if you don't have it then you can't

2nd hand is fine as long as its in good condition I would definately buy a 2nd hand pram

I'm probably buying 2nd hand too, I was out yesterday with my mother and I saw Silver Cross prams in brilliant condition for £10!

Shame I'm only 15 weeks or I would have bought it!

I'm probably buying 2nd hand too, I was out yesterday with my mother and I saw Silver Cross prams in brilliant condition for £10!

Shame I'm only 15 weeks or I would have bought it!

Haha, to be honest the pram is the first thing I've bought both tones now. And both by about 15 weeks. I didn't know it was bad luck the first time but I do t believe in that sort of thing anyway. As far as I'm concerned anything is fair game once you hit Tri2 :)

Thanks ladies, glad I am not the only one in this position :)

I love the look of the silvercross prams and that is the brand of pram I had when I was a baby, my mum swears by them. Checking them out in a shop first is a good idea as I may not like the weight etc, thanks :)

I was thinking of nearly new sales too, there is one happening in my old school soon so was going to go for a look next time I go down south to visit my parents, will prob ask them to store it until bubs is born as not much room in the flat until we rearrange things for the baby :)

Thanks ladies, will let you know how I get on :) xxx

Some shops do payment plans aswell x

The pram I've bought from mamas n papas is 400 but they were selling the display model for 199 the other day in Liverpool store if you could take it there n then! So outlet shops and display models r always a good option too x

Yeah, I have heard that the baby farm in the midlands near me is always selling display items at discount prices, might be worth a visit :D x

I bought second hand, I'd check local facebook selling groups they tend to be nice and let you check it out first too and it's usually cheaper than eBay.

Yup that's a good point. There's normally FB pages for all different makes of pram where member sell, swap and give advice

You can get ex-display too. I got an Icandy apple this way and saved £200 and although its been on display its never been used x

I got mine second hand, I bought a Quincy buzz with carrycot and a maxi cost pebble car seat, all only 4 months old, for 300 which is a complete bargain and its immaculate I love it! Best bargain ever. I didn't want to but I couldn't afford what I wanted brand new. If you can check them before buying I would Definitely recommend second hand x

I picked mine up at a weekly car boot sale they hold in my town. There were loads there and rather than ebay you can actually get a good look at it before you buy it. And you can haggle a bit as well as it's not something that's that easy for them to take home with them :)

I got a brand new travel system. . Carry cot car seat and pushchair for £248 On ebay... check out gumtree n free cycle too.. some people do give things away... got a moses basket and stand for nothing xxx

I was getting fleabay pram , nothing wrong with second hand hun, you can be as fussy as you like, theres always a bargain out there. My problem was i sat down a wish list of things i needed from it this time and there was only one on ebay that fitted and it was very expensive normally but much cheeper on there, then i struggled to win the bits, ive ended up with a mutsy carrycot for £5.68! but cant seem to get the other bits, and i cant view it as no stockists around me.

So i went shopping and saw a lady with what looked like the perfect pram! It was £295 and seemed to tick my boxes , so ordered it instead , so i tried!

Think carefully what you want from your puschair it will make it easier

Handle heights adjustable ?
Big/ small wheels ? What terrain will you walk on
Do you need a car seat?
Shopping basket size and access when baby in asleep position
Age from birth? Or does it have pram bit?
Rain covers ok? sun shade?
Cosy toes or footmuff?
Is colour a problem for any gender?

For me the crunch question was did it have big front wheels and pram bit, my daughter does athletics and cross country and i walk everywhere , its more inportant to me than a car! As ours will prob not last the year and we cant replace, due to my ivf and surgery loan.

If it helps, all my babys first clothes and babygrows came from carboots, i love them, some peopke are funny about them but you really only have to buy what you really like so get some quality stuff for pence, i still need to buy a bouncerchair this summer there

Last edited:
If you want a good cheep pram/ puschair that seems to cover most boxes the babystyle oyster std looks very good, you can by carrycot and seat colour packs to change the colours anytime you like! Loads up for sale too, wheels smaller but good city pram

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back