screaming baby - tummy cramps help

DDS

Reaction score
My litle girl seems to have really bad tumy cramps
She has not slept now for 3 hours, and is crying constantly!
She is def not hungry, and is clenching in 'pain'
What can i do.

I have done colic rops, changed her nappy, rocked her etc.
She will calm for a few minutes, then clench in pain and scream!

Please help

Sounds alot like what I had with Ivy. We used Infacol and that worked well also if your bottle feeding you can get anti-colic+ bottles that also helps alot. For now I would lay her on the floor and slowly move her legs like she is cycleing in the air also you can try rubbing her tummy in a clockwise direction incase shes got trouble digesting her milk. :hug: :hug: :hug: Its horrible when you feel so helpless towards them.. Hope shes okay soon for you and herself xx

Sounds like colic.

Infacol can take a few days to work and must be given before each feed. If breastfeeding.

If formula then use Colief. Can be gotten on prescription otherwise its about £10 a bottle. Or something else, Dentinox or something, not sure.

Nicki gives some good advice :)

i have this with Levi, use use infacol but he still sometimes gets in a state, i give him a bath with lavendar baby bath and lay him on his front across my arm and rub his back in an upward motion, if all else fails i give him to my husband who is much calmer than me and doesnt have my wonderful stress hormones :D

Jessica suffers with colic at night at the moment and it is very distressing (for both of us - Neil somehow sleeps through it! :? )

Infacol helps a bit and keeping her upright as much as possible; winding her over my shoulder or sat up on my lap or in her bouncer for a while when my arms begin to ache. My health visitor also suggested elevating her moses basket slightly but we haven't tried that.

Hi Ladies

This is what i have found helps so far, and lets hope it keeps working.
I have started using Colief for colic, but you need to buy this over the counter from your pharmacy. If your G.P prescribes you can get it for free.
Elevate the head section of the moses basket.
Let the baby begin to drift in your arms, sometimes i let her fall asleep, in the upright position. She is still so young 2.5 weeks i don't think she could be manipulating me.

I also have found feeding her by bottle makes the colic slighlty worse, because she drinks so much quicker, than when i breastfeed her. I mostly breastfeed, but to get some sleep my husband will feed her formula or expressed milk. If this is the case i give her 100ml formula, beacause she drinks so much quicker, and takes longer to feel full, as opposed to slower braestfeeding.

Hope this might help others.
My nights have been somewhat better recently, she wakes about every 3hrs on breastmilk and 4 hours on formula. (Hold thumbs it stays this way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back