Poo Help!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
I've noticed the past couple of days that Angel isn't pooing very well. It's just little tiny bits. Yesterday we had a few screaming session with a battle to calm her down. This went on throughout the night.
Now she's just started screaming right now. I've checked her nappy and it seems like she's trying as she has a tiny bit.
I'm guessing this is constipation? If so how can i help her? It breaks my heart knowing she's in pain.

They say cool boiled water can help. But if i remember correctly your breastfeeding so should be getting water that way. Can only try it.

i was told by another PF lady to eat pears or pear juice
ate a whole tin of pears and hay presto the next day collier did a lovely sized poo :D

Awww poor little girl :hug: Maybe some cooled boiled water? massage her little belly, circle her legs in air, a nice bath pouring the water over her belly. Hope that helps :hug: xx

Her juice is pear juice. I've made up a bottle of water. So will have to give that a go.

Is it something i've eaten/drank?

keli said:
Awww poor little girl :hug: Maybe some cooled boiled water? massage her little belly, circle her legs in air, a nice bath pouring the water over her belly. Hope that helps :hug: xx

Will give that a go too! I'll try anything to help her.

Have you eaten anything new?.. aren't you weaning Angel?.. has she? I've heard bananas can cause babies to get bunged up if you've eaten them? xx

I very rarely eat bananas. But i've given a bit mushed up on a couple of occasions.
She has eventually pooed today, but i had to help her! She screamed so hard but it was helping, she even nagged on her hand! And she was bleeding afterwards. But she is in a much better mood today.
May go easy on the bananas then. And i am trying to force water into her, but she just plays with it.

I hope she's better now, I was worried about my LO getting constipation when i switched from BF to formula . the Dr told me I could use glycerin suppositories or give him lactose solution. but tbh i didn't use any of these methods i knew the problem was the formula so i switched to the one he used to take.

but i guess if things got really bad. a suppository won't harm. (baby ones of course)

After a few more screams this afternoon, we had a proper bum explosion and poo everywhere. But i was expecting it as it's been 3 days since she's been properly!!!
Hopefully that's the end of it for now. I hated seeing her cry so much. It was really awful, and looking at me like she was begging for help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back