Colic???

Kim

Reaction score
Rubie is just over 8 weeks old and for the last 3 or 4 nights she has screamed constantly from about 6:30 til 10:30. I have tried everything; feeding, winding, gripe water, boiled water, nappy change, bath, cuddles, play, walk in the pram, massage, putting her to bed in a quiet dark room, and NOTHING works. She will calm down for a bit if put her on my boob but I am no longer breast feeding so there's very little milk. She isn't constipated cos tonight she did a poo and was still screaming. Can anyone think of anything I could try or suggest what it could be that is causing it?? Could it be colic? If it is what do I give her for it?

Thanks guys :D

Hi Kim

The HV today recommended Colief for babies with colic - I don't think Olivia has it but there was a girl at the bf clinic whose son screams from 7 til 10pm every night although he doesn't bring his knees to is chest which apppafrently can be 1 of the signs.

Sorry not more helpful

Lucy

Phoebe had this. Infacol is all that worked for us.
We have tried weaning her off it but her wind comes back (think colic has gone though) so we are just giving her Infacol with every feed until she goes onto solids.
Are you sure she is not getting over tired? Try taking her up to her sleeping place and change her etc and give her a feed at about 6pm and see if she falls asleep. Took us about 2hrs to get Phoebe to sleep at this time for the first 3 or 4 nights but now she goes up at 6.30pm every night and is usually asleep by 7.15pm.
Give it a try xxx

It does sound like colic, i have heard that colief drops work very well, they are available from boots at £9.99 which is a little pricey but appartently makes a big difference!

After a lot of trial and error I have found that lying her on her tummy stops the crying and she falls asleep, any ideas what this means?? Does tummy time ease belly ache??

laying them on there tummy puts pressure on it, its the same for any pain, if we hurt our leg, we rub it or hold it tight coz it eases pain.

i think laying babies on there tummy works in that same way.

Coby got colic when i switched from boob to bottle, we had to invest in anti colic bottles for a while, but now hes back on normal bottles and hes ok

Hi my daughter is 8 weeks old, when i changed her to the bottle she suffered with colic on the evenings aswell. Nothing used to settle her. We did use avent bottles to start with and thats when she suffered. We have now changed her on to Dr Brown bottles which has helped loads (no more screaming on the evenings). I would definately recommed them, you can get them from Boots or Mothercare.

yea, I bought the avent anti-colic bottles as well, and my little girl is already suffering from what I think is colic! she burps all fine, and very quickly but has loads and loads of gaz. sh pushes herself and manages to fart but I can see it is very painful for her...makes me feel helpless!

My MW has recommended infacol, but when I looked on the box, it says helps with winding babies. Well, Maheen burps fine, so I am not sure infacol will help? any ideas on that?

I am really disappointed with the avent bottles coz I bought them especially to avoid colic...and it does not seem to work! :cry:

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back