scrap books and baby first year record books

leckershell

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I'm planning on making some sort of scrapbook for babies first year record, as the book I found in Mothercare ....

41ZGN1D1DWL._AA240_.jpg

doesn't seem to have enough space for the things I would want to include (although I like the content in it).

Has anyone on here made a scrapbook of sorts? What sort of things did you put in it? Or anyone who has a book, what chapters and questions do they include that you found useful? Knowing me I'd go get a scrapbook and not have a clue where to start!

Also, on a side note, has anyone kept the bit of the cord that fell off and still attached to the clip? Does it keep or does it go gross? My mom and nat's mom both kept ours but if it's likely to go gross I'll just keep the clip and not the cordy bit (though it's dry and seems ok).

michelle x

I have that to, made it all nice and neat and daddy goes and writes all scruffy in it :(

I have a scrapbook type photo album i am going to start soon.

I kept the cord & plastic bit, put it in a nappy sack, sealed it and put it in Harrison's keepsake box

My auntie got me abook for Conal and Willow just has her memory box it has her first babygrow, hat and booties her tags and a picture, Conal has this too but we also have a nappy and quilts that were made for him in SCBU

His baby book i think is american it has lots of things init.

Names my parents thought of naming me, when we discovered i was pg, how often i moved, how much weight mum gained, who i loked like when i was born, colour of my eyes, how much hair i had, whether dad was present at the birth, headline of the newspaper, other things that happened that day, how much a quart/pint of milk was also a stamp and gasoline, if i like my bath, a funny story about me,

Lots more like the first time i did things and what makes me laugh and cry

Hope that gives you a few ideas

Heather

Ive been looking for a keepsake box but they are so expensive and not very big. I think Im gonna make my own out of a shoebox and some nice wrapping paper

I got a keepsake box from jojomamanbebe, it was £20 but its quite big, fits a lot of stuff in it, it looks really nice to. Expensive but i think it is worth it.

We have that same Baby Journal too :D
We're going to frame Isaac's first outfit in one of those deep set frames, like a 3D picture, sort of a display 'scrapbook' piece of his life, not got round to it yet mind :lol:

Like Princess_Puddles, we too put his cord and clip in a nappy sack, not looked at it since so not sure how gross it is :shock:

Ive been looking for a keepsake box but they are so expensive and not very big. I think Im gonna make my own out of a shoebox and some nice wrapping paper

the one i bought was i think meant to be a presnet box but it was about £3-4 with pics of teddies on it

I got a box from tesco, it's in the children's stationery range. It was only a couple of quid and is about A4 size and 5" or 6" deep.

We've put in:
- all his cards
- his tag with weight & length on
- a newspaper from the day he was born (actually 2, I had to beg a copy of the Times from my mum because I asked OH to buy a paper and he came home with the SUN!!! Fine to read but not ideal for his keepsake box...).
- a copy of the single that was #1 the day he was born (proclaimers comic relief special)
- hand and footprints we took when he was a couple of weeks old
- his scan photos
- his birth announcement from the local paper

We also got a big photo album to put pictures from his first year, but it's already full so I'm going to buy couple more to fill up.

I got a baby record book but it's got stupid categories like 'first reached for a toy' and 'first tried to sit up' which you can't really pin down to a particular day. I've kept a record of the first big milestones (rolling over, eating solid foods, when he gets his tooth I'll put that down) and I'll write that up neat to go in his box when he's older.

I've just got to remember that whatever I do for Austin I'm going to have to do for any subsequent babies so I can't go into too much detail!

I have all Keeley's scan pics and cord and hospital tag in a photo album with all the photos in order and upto date

Then i have a memory box which is just a baby girl gift box with all her birth cards in it..

For her birthday
I have got her another little box and a little photo album just for her birthday photos :D

I have this record book
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

Its really nice i also had the journal one but i found there wasn't enough room

I like this idea too leckershell. I asked a friend of mine to get every single newspaper she could on the day my daughter was born and I'd like to do something with them instead of leaving them in a bag - so I was thinking of trawling through them, cutting out the headlines and funny stories and other bits and pieces and sticking them in a scrapbook and then putting the other info in too which is normally contained within baby journals (which I have two of!).

Doing this is more time consuming but more personal and you can just add what you like and ignore the bits that don't make sense to you and your baby (for us, prime example is page wasted on bringing the baby home from hospital as we had a home birth)

I've also got a baby box from Au Naturale (just a normal box, was about £1.99) and in it are:-

*All my preg tests!
*Scan pics and DVD
*All the new baby cards (over 70!)
*First outfit
*2 newborn dresses I LOVED which no longer fit :(
*Newborn sized eco nappy (clean and unused!)
*Number one CD from the week she was born
*Birth announcement from newspaper
*Empty jar which contained jam made and labelled with the date on the day she was born given to us by our neighbour (bizarre, I know!)
*Champagne cork from bottle of champers bought for me by OH which we shared with our families on her second day in the world
*Printed prescription from the chemist with her name printed on it (got at around 9 days old)
*Shells collected from her first trip to the beach at 4 weeks old

...So a couple of things from here - scan pics, prescription etc could also be put in the scrapbook too. I could also put photos too.

Mmmmm - I'd better get started!

xxx

I'm really looking forward to making it as I'm so sentimental. I had a pregnancy diary (just a normal 2007 one) so I'm still using that at the moment for how the day has gone, and noting things like first bath, days when which visitors came over, when his cord came off (yesterday)... I've got the cord stump and clip, his feet tags from hospital and my arm tag, his tape measure they used to measure him, the label from his hospital cot... and I'm sure there will be so many more firsts I am just a lot more sentimental and I keep more things than the standard shop-bought books would let me fit in!

So glad to hear what other people are keeping - giving me some great ideas! :cheer: keep em coming :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back