Books...

Squiglet

Reaction score
What age did you start reading to your LO...

I read 6 of the Harry Potter books every night to Tia when I was pregnant... subsequently.. Lil miss loves to hear me read to Tia every night still. But Tia has been at Grandma's house and I haven't read anything last night... and she got all fractious last night.. the only way to calm her down is to read to her... even during the day now.

As I don't have anything to read to her (because Harry Potter is a no no without Tia being here.. ) and the baby books are just not long enough for her taste... I've had to just start reading my current book out loud to her...

http://www.family2000.org.uk/talking_to_tweenies.htm

She'll be an expert in dealing with her older sister at least :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think its the sound of my voice continually droning on that she finds comforting... I have no idea why though...she must be a masochist :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ellie loves me talking to her & making up stories, really calms her :) must be our droneing voices :lol:

christopher is almost 15 months and i have read to him from a very vwery early age..he has always had lots ~(and i mean lots) of books in his toy boxes so he can pick his own book.

now at 15 months not only does he enjoy stories but has a favourit book about farms he noe knows the name and sounds of a pig, sheep, horse, cow, quack quack, tractor, teddy cat and dog.

when i read the book he points top the cow after i have read cow then he makes the noise for cow, then says cow (not perfectly prounounced but pretty good) and the same with other animals.

i think its never to early to introduce books im glad i started early as he really really loves them :hug:

we have read to Hannah since she was born and she loves books, its a big part of her bedtime routine too

I've read to Willow since she was born,and when I was pregnant. She loves books,she stares at them and tries to eat them,which is a start at least. If I'm reading a book myself,I'll read it aloud to her too.She loves it

I've read to Keeley since she was a few weeks old... she loves books :D

I read to Dylan too - when I tell some people that they look at me strange but it's something we both enjoy and I want to encourage him. He sits on my knee now with his back to me and holds the book with me then he tries to turn the pages - it's so cute. I've got a few books that have just got pictures so I make up a different story each time. He starts to scrunch up the pages when he's had enough (or I'm boring him lol)

I started reading to Thea before we even left the hospital. We read at least one book everyday but normally a couple.

I read to both mine while they were inside and out. I just read what I'm reading tho...usually thrillers...so hope they both turn out ok. I read the forum out loud for Abigail sometimes, or whatever email I am writing

Jonah has his own books now of course, so he's not so interested in mine :D

When Jessie was a baby I used to read poetry to her, I felt the rythm was soothing for her. funnily, she is still a great lover of poetry...

LIsa

I read to Darragh every day - usually Peter Rabbit because I got a set as a present but I am not a big fan - must get him some other books - he loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back