sciatica?! heartburn? and feeling like the size of a mansion!!

charlotte89

Reaction score
hi ladies, is anyone else feeling like they are going to explode already!? lol i have had to finish work already because of my back pain, i was going in and just after doing one shift (which was sitting or standing on a till so not hard work) i would get home , sit down and not be able to move for the rest of the night!! :cry: its like a sharp constant pain down the rifht side of my bum and sometimes can feel numbness in my leg and foot. the midwife has told me its sciatica , never suffered with this before i was pregnant and im hoping once baby is here it will stop!! also has anyone got any advise on what to take for heartburn other than gaviscon!? as this just isnt working like at all! :sad: is it also normal to feel like you are too big to move at this stage?! lol feel like just going out for the day kills me! baby is normal size apparently he was weighing in at 3 pound last wednesday so it might just be me carrying alot of fluid! lol i just miss the gym and the sunbeds , all the things that make ya feel good :sad: anyone else feel like this sometimes or having a bad pregnancy?? sorry about the moan! lol

:preg:29 weeks 2 days with a baby boy:blue::lol:

I've just been to doctor with regards to severe heartburn and got given some tablets (leaflet talks about it being suitable for those people suffering with ulcers!). Doctor assured me they were safe to take while pregnant. I took my first one this morning and no heartburn whatsoever all day. Such a relief as I was in constant pain! I suggest you go to doctor.

Ranitadine tablets are safe in pregnancy ask the GP about them for heartburn. I have sciatica been off work for 7 weeks had it last year off for 5 months. Left bum cheek and numb leg. Will have a MRI scan after baby delivered. On light duties and phased return.

thanks for replying ladies! looks like a trip to the gp will be needed again soon , he will be fed up of seeing me lol he has give me codeine for the sciatica but half the time it just noks me sick :(

Heartburn is killing me!!!!!! Its nearky all day everyday now, as for back and hip pain its also constant but made more bearable by using birthing ball to sit on.

Yes, yes and yes to all of above. Gaviscon does nothing, and feel so huge can barely walk. Actually, can barely walk, sit, sleep or do anything without huffing and puffing......so uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again ladies, but what worries me is that both of you are at the last stages and im just 29 weeks 3 days!! lol god help me when im further gone eh!?:roll: and i know how ya feel colourmeblue , i find sometimes puttin a freeze pack on it helps me, specially at night :) and mummywanabe im hopin it doesnt get worse , burping for bloody england at the min! lol defo going back to me doc though see what he can give me just incase it does get worse! x

Like you, i've also been feeling huge from pretty early on. Im very petite, and am carrying really big. Am not gonna lie, you will feel more uncomfortable towards the end and the indigestion will most likely get worse!!! - But these little bundles are worth it in the end xx

i dont know if im carrying big or not to be honest, lol im used to just being a certain size , keepin fit n gymin all the time and i was only in a 10-12 before i fell pregnant, iv always been flat on me tummy and me waist as well so i feel like a rhino already lol i was bloated at only 2 months!! :( and i went tunisia at this point with the fella so i felt even worse lol on that note im defo going back the docs if it gets worse lol hes probably going to be a hairy lil thing aint he? lol thanks for the advise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back