scarlet fever

beanie

Reaction score
went to pick Seren up from nursery yesterday, only to find her flat out (Seren never sleeps at nursery). Her keyworker told me that she had bee off colour all day, and I had read earlier that day that they had had a case of scarlet fever at the nursery.

Got her home,she was really hot and not herself. I have been giving her calpol and plenty of fluids. Last night she woke loads, each time burning up. She had a rash on her chest, her face was red and flushed and she was dribbling a fair bit. However this morning she has woke up fine,no rash nothing. She is a bit mardy but TBH this can be normal behaviour for Seren.

I just wondered if anyone has had experience of scarlet fever and is it possible that she had it but its gone fast? I have phoned NHS direct but they are all busy and its urgent calls only. will try them later but just thought i'd ask in the meantime

it was horrible, this is the first time she has been quite poorly and i felt so helpless.

I had scarlett fever when I was about 8 I think I was off school for about at least a couple of weeks I don't remember alot about it to give loads of details but I had a rash (my sister had it the same time and didnt) and we both had fevers, I think I remember being very ill at first and by the time doctor came out my mum was moaning cause we kept playing and she thought doctor would think she was lying about how ill we were I definately remember her telling us to look ill :rotfl: but he said we both had it we were on penicilin and had to stay off school for quite awhile cause its so contagious but we felt pretty good most that time from what I remember so maybe the begining is the worst part.

Sorry I don't remember enough to be a proper help but I would definately get her checked over the rash and everything sounds like she could have it especially with the recent out break! :hug:

thanks hun for your help. It is scarlet fever, she has been up and down all day. She keeps burning right up and gets really upset :( so horrible to see her like this.

I am just really worried that Cally will get it too, she is only tiny :(

im not sure, but i wanted to send some get well soon hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww sorry to hear she has got it did sound like she might have though, is Cally still ok? I have 2 sisters and a brother and only me and my sister got it out of the 4 of us and the other 2 were younger so hopefully she might get away without getting it! Hope Seren is beter soon! :hug:

I hope she gets well soon :hug:
I had scarlet fever when I was little but can't remember much, sorry :hug:

Oh Beanie, just spotted this....hows Seren doing?

Took Rubes to docs today as she hasnt picked up really from the weekend, took her to walk in centre sunday who said it was viral tonsillitus and advised calpol.

My doctor saw her today as she got rash on her tummy and back today and is still refusing food...he has said she has scarlet fever and has given her penicillin. He said she should start picking up in 2 days or so.

Her symptoms are identical to Seren, saturday was just awful, she clung to me crying all day and sleeping most of the day (not like her at all)

Sending hugs to you lot from our lot xxxx

I hope she gets well soon, if she's not already, I don't know anything about Scarlet Fever, seems a few of these 'old' conditions are heard of so much more these days, sending very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh no, only just seen this! i hope little seren is better soon, poor little thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks everyone, she's much better. She was ill for thew weekend but improved by the mionday so I think it was only a mild form - its all that dirt she keeps eating making her immune to bugs I think lol. It was horrible but thank god she is ok. The Dr said Cally would be fine too as she will be gettijng anti bodies from me, and touch wood so far she has been fine, but there are still notices up at the nursery and I have to take Cally in with me. All the kids in Seren's class liked to look at Cally and some wanted to kiss her but I think I'll not let that happen lol.

Glad to hear she's better :hug: :hug: :hug:
Bless the kids wanting to kiss her awwwwww I'm sure they will understand when you explain you don't want her getting ill :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back