scared of the hoover!!

Pompey_Princess

Reaction score
please tell us we're not the only one! maddi's petrified of the thing! i wouldn't mind, but i have it out every day :lol: and have done since she was born.

it's not so much a big problem, as i normally do it when she's either napping or she's playing in one room and i go every where else, but i was just wondering if anyone had any tips!

i've tried hoovering with her in my arms, i've tried leaving it out so she gets used to it, which has worked, but now it's when i turn it on! i've even tried making her fav toys hoover - but alas, she still cries and shakes at the noise :(

she's fine with everything else!!

katie's alright with the hoover, its the shreader she's terrified of!! and it doesnt help that its in her room!! no idea how to solve it tho!!

Funnily enough Katie was fine with it for ever until a month or 2 back, now she takes cover up on the sofa when its on :lol:

I think Katie got too close to mine and got a fright :)

lol my katie thinks its funny watching the dog with it, cos he runs up to it and tries to bite it!

kenzie used to love the hoover when he was little. but he runs up on to the couch now when i switch it on. but when i switch it off he goes straight over to play with it and pretend he is hoovering. there is a wee girl over the road from us and always goes in there and the first thing he grabs is the toy dyson hoover

My brother used to be petrified of the hoover. My mam decided to let him ride on it to get rid of his fear. He would stand on the bottom and cling onto the handle while she hoovered up, funny to watch xx

lol my wee one used to try and stand on it but dont know what scared him as soon as he see s us plugging it in he is up on chair on bed

Brooke loves the hoover but i've got a Hetty so she likes the face lol

Rosie is also petrified, as soon as she see's it she screams, shakes, cries. I dont have any idea why, everything i have tried hasn't helped... Sorry hun. xx

aww saz glad it's not just mads!
i'd love a hettie too, but i do love my dyson! think i might have to get her a toy one to try!
thanks for the advice ladies :flower: xx

Hebe thinks she's a bloody dog and chases the hoover around shouting at it and trying to grab the front....strange child....

:rofl: lisa! thats actually very cute! it's ok maddi thinks she's a cat most of the time :lol:

Rosie is also petrified, as soon as she see's it she screams, shakes, cries. I dont have any idea why, everything i have tried hasn't helped... Sorry hun. xx

AJ is exactly the same. We cant hoover when he's here its soo bad. :(

Sam used to be too... it went from being his favourite toy in the world (last Christmas he would play with it for hours but wasn't interested in his pressies :lol:) to something terrifying! He's fine with it now though. He just gets annoyed when I put it on while he's watching telly :rofl:

Sam used to be too... it went from being his favourite toy in the world (last Christmas he would play with it for hours but wasn't interested in his pressies :lol:) to something terrifying! He's fine with it now though. He just gets annoyed when I put it on while he's watching telly :rofl:

:rofl: Joe does this too, he switches it off :lol:

As you know babe Lily hates it too! And I have a Henry with a cute face- still doesn't help :(

aww lynn/mamafy - thats so cute!
em - you've never found a solution either :( it's awful! poor mads any one would think i'm torturing her instead of hoovering :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back