Is your baby scared............

Laur_250

Reaction score
.....of the hoover??

We have just bought a new one as our old one was a cheap pull along one but blew up, we now have a powerful upright one thats quite noisy but when i used it today i stopped cos i heard Reg crying in his crib, i went to him and he was petrified, red hot and not just crying like normal but that really upset crying that makes you wanna cry too. He took a while to calm down the poor boy it was horrible :(

I thought maybe it was cos he had been on his own when he heard the noise so abandoned the hoovering til OH returned and then gave Reggie to him and he was sat with him on sofa so he could make him feel safe, i started it again and within a minute he was petrified again crying and very very upset.

So I guess i can only hoover when he is not at home (never!)

Do other people have this??xx

Yeah Calleigh is afraid of my hoover too, it is very loud though.
OH has to entertain her in another room whilst i hoover :lol:

charlie84 said:
Yeah Calleigh is afraid of my hoover too, it is very loud though.
OH has to entertain her in another room whilst i hoover :lol:

Our new hoovers REALLy loud too! We only have a flat so its not even like we can get him far away enough from it! No cleaning for me! :lol: xx

Oliver doesn't like the hoover, although he's alright if he's in the sling on my back so I do it like that, or OH will take him to another room and shut the door which is usually enough.

Yeah i think we will try having him in a closed room with OH while i hoover, either that or i'll take reg into town while OH hoovers :rotfl: xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had to respond..thought lil miss was the only baby in history to be scared of the hoover... but apparently not...and ours isn't particularly loud either... :think: Saying that drills, hand dryers, hair dryers, food processors, hand blenders, balloons (dunno don't ask), talking tigger, dancing bear in the blue house, walking Winnie the Pooh and as I found out since putting the xmas tree up...tinsel are all things lil miss is terrified of. :roll:

You won't be able to hoover when he's in the house you know... we have to take lil miss out or someone has to hold her in another room, while the other hoovers...she'll still whimper and shake though, so its easy and best just to take her out. Hoovering is a two man job in our house. :lol:

I can only wish they were - both mine love the hoover. When it starts up they start shrieking and riunning round (or crawling fast in Cally's case) the fight over the vent where the warm air blows out. I end up dragging a hoover, a toddler and a baby around with me.

Aimee doesn't mind the hoover. She can be sleeping, I'll be hoovering in the same room and she won't move an inch. The cats however, they run for the back of the couch if I even go in the cupboard where the hoover is kept! :roll:

Squiglet said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had to respond..thought lil miss was the only baby in history to be scared of the hoover... but apparently not...and ours isn't particularly loud either... :think: Saying that drills, hand dryers, hair dryers, food processors, hand blenders, balloons (dunno don't ask), talking tigger, dancing bear in the blue house, walking Winnie the Pooh and as I found out since putting the xmas tree up...tinsel are all things lil miss is terrified of. :roll:

You won't be able to hoover when he's in the house you know... we have to take lil miss out or someone has to hold her in another room, while the other hoovers...she'll still whimper and shake though, so its easy and best just to take her out. Hoovering is a two man job in our house. :lol:

Yes i think in future the new job can be that I go shopping with Reg and OH hoovers while we're gone. :lol: I dont think having him in the other room will work either as ive never seen him so scared he was shaking too it was so sad. He's been having nightmares and crying in his sleep thismorning, that damn hoover has traumatised the poor boy!!xx

beanie said:
I can only wish they were - both mine love the hoover. When it starts up they start shrieking and riunning round (or crawling fast in Cally's case) the fight over the vent where the warm air blows out. I end up dragging a hoover, a toddler and a baby around with me.

I've got the most hilarious vision of you walking round hoovering with a child holding onto your leg as you go :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: xx

ReggiesMummy said:
I've got the most hilarious vision of you walking round hoovering with a child holding onto your leg as you go :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: xx

me too!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ellie's new thing is to DANCE to the hoover :rotfl: she's defo not scared of it!! lol x

It use to send ky to sleep when he was a newborn. Now i have to put him in another room coz i can never get it done, he absolutely loves it and chases me round trying to climb on it and bash the hell out of it :roll:

beanie said:
Minewere all the same!! As babies the hoover helped them settle! The minute the hoover was switched on the would go to sleep lol and when older they would try and ride it etc!

Hayden likes the hoover prob cause mummy was a neatfreak when waiting for him to arrive lol!

Ryan HAAAAAATE'S (!!!!!!!!!) the hoover!!! As its only me and him, the flat doesnt get to dirty so dont have to hoover every day which is lucky, I am probably the quickest hooverer in the WORLD! Its crazy how much ryan screams and cries when its on, altho he wasn't scared of the hoover at all until i got the little hose and was sucking up his hands and t-shirt :oops:

both mine love the hoover. When it starts up they start shrieking and riunning round (or crawling fast in Cally's case) the fight over the vent where the warm air blows out. I end up dragging a hoover, a toddler and a baby around with me.

Ha ha, that made me laugh! Ruby doesn't seem to mind the hoover - to be honest, I start hoovering if she needs to go to sleep and it works a treat! My older girls hate it though! Daisy became scared of it when she was about 9 months I think - she would scream so much that I had to wait until OH was around to do it. It was really funny because when she got to about 18 months she got this thing about hoovers and had to look at them every time we went into a shop - she was still scared of them though!! Strange child!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back