Scared and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hun, your not a horrible person at all. You need to do whats right for you think about how you will feel on both possibilities. I'm sure what ever your decision is your OH will stand by you as he clearly loves you if he is planning to marry you next year. :hugs: xxx

Hi guys,

Many thanks once again for all your kind messages - I greatly appreciate them and having a place to talk!!

Thought I'd better update you:

Well, today was D-day. I had decided to go ahead as we had planned for the reasons I mentioned previously. I got to the hospital this morning at 8am as requested for the procedure. Lovely doctor, really kind. I was nervous and really scared, but she had to see me on my own rather than with OH with me, so he sat in the waiting room to wait for me to come back. She scanned me to check 'progress' and said I was far earlier than she had anticipated. She then asked me a few questions, (current situation etc.) and then said.................. she had to refuse me the procedure!

She said this was based on 2 factors - one, she couldn't proceed based on what she could see on screen, I needed to wait at least another week to ensure things were developing properly (I think she is concerned I may have actually miscarried already). And two, she cold not proceed unless she was happy I was absolutely certain with my decision, which she felt I was not. She said she had to take my future emotional wellbeing into account and that she did not feel at the moment that I was ready. She told me to go home, think about things and come back in one week at which point she could tell me if she could proceed based on the scan, and secondly my feelings.....

I was stunned - still am a little! Not in a bad way or anything, I had just worked myself up to today and had imagined that when we came home we would be in a particular position. Quite the opposite has happened! OH looks devastated - not because it hasn't gone ahead but I think because of the emotional turmoil etc. I feel in a complete daze.....

xxx

Oh wow what an unusual thing to happen, you know what they say though don't you Hun, everything happens for a reason, I have no idea how things are going to turn out with your pregnancy but I know this......

My Niece was nearly aborted due to financial reasons and she is 6 now, to think of life without her just makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I think is also worth mentioning the happiness she brings to other family members too, my Mum and Dad adore her, and everyone else loves her to bits too!

Here are some piccys of her at 6 months and 5yrs.
xx

Attachments

• Maisie baby.jpg
    Maisie baby.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 10
  • Maisie 5.jpg
    Maisie 5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thread closed as per the forum rules and will be removed when fulloffear has had a chance to read this

While Pregnancyforum.co.uk tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations.
fulloffear we do wish you all the best :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER