Scared about going back to work

mistyblue

Reaction score
Just as the title says really.

Our HR department were entirely unsympathetic when I explained why I had been off. My line manager has been supportive, but I don't know what to expect tomorrow. Fortunately no one knew at work about the baby except HR and my line manager, but I am worried that I will have a 'black mark' against my name as I have been away for 10 days. I know they're not supposed to use pregnancy related sickness against you, but I am worried about the return to work interview.

I am more scared though of breaking down in a meeting or something like that, plus my new role starts tomorrow (at the same place) and I have been trying to sort out an issue with my contract but HR have been ignoring me. I hope I can get it sorted tomorrow.

I want to go back if only to get it over with and the thought of being on my own in the house scares me more than being at work. Just hope I can get through tomorrow without getting too upset x x

So sorry for your loss x
You are right hun, they cannot use pregnancy related illness against you, it is sexual discrimination.
If you feel at any time during your back to work Meeting that you are getting upset, i would politely ask for a few moments to gather yourself, or simply say you need to use the bathroom. If it really gets too much you can ask them if you can reschedule the meeting?
Good luck, hope all goes well x

First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have been there and no one can really say anything to make you feel better but know that you have a supportive community here.

It's good that two people at work know what you went through, that's important so at least someone understands why you had to take a leave. With regards to your HR, do they know in detail your reason for your absence? If not, you should let them know and trust that they would do their job in handling this type of situation.

If in any case they put a 'black mark' on your name, you have the right to argue this.

Thank you. It was ok in the end. My boss has been very kind and HR have left me alone (so far). Just hoping it gets easier being there. This week has been tough x

Sorry for your loss.

I had also been through the same & I did break down in my back to work meeting, I came off slightly lucky, was able to use annual leave for the 2 weeks I had off & did get the 'black mark' .

No advice really but hope its goes smoothly for you. Going back is difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back