• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scared about extra scan tomorrow

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/second-trimester/215136-sickness-back-bad-times.html#post2175117 Hi everyone!
As title suggests, I have to have my first extra scan tomorrow because my gorgeous bubba has downs syndrome.
Apparently this is because they need to check the growth and well being of bubba as some children with DS can have problems with their organs!!!
I have requested also a cardiology check on bubba as I would like to know ASAP if bubba has any problems with her heart! At 14 weeks in Harley Street, I was told that no leaking could be detected at that point but her lil heart was too weeny to make absolute certain of this fact!
I am meeting with a consultant to discuss this afterwards, and also whether as a result of my 3rd degree tear 4 years ago, and any pressure straight after birth, could bubba be delivered by C section!
I am so afraid of all of these appointments tomorrow! I feel fit to burst with sadness if I hear any 'bad' news! I really hope my bubba is ok! I love her sooo much. I want her as healthy as she possibly can be!

aw hunni...big hugs

Wishing you all the best... the first good sign though is that they couldnt see any leaking..

And if they do find anything (fingers crossed they wont) you know she'll be in the best possible care.

Good luck hun :) xxxxx

Will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you tomorrow - sending lots of positive thoughts!
My 23 year old cousin has DS and has one of the most fulfilling and rich lives I know - he works, goes on holidays, has a great group of friends and can often be found in the pub on a Sunday afternoon having a few pints of Guinness with his friends. We love him to bits :)
Am sure your little lady will be fine xx

Oh Hope I don't know what to say to make you feel better about the scan. It must feel like such an emotional roller coaster. I would have thought though that if there was a major major problem it would have shown at 12 weeks. It sounds like they are giving you loads of support which is great and there's always massive hugs for you in here.

Have you got in touch with any of the DS support charities? It might be worth talking to one of them if you haven't xxxxxxxxxxx

I am sooo unbelievably lucky as a few people on here have got in touch with me, and they have children or family links to DS. This has helped. On top of that, one of my friends has a son who is 5 with DS.

I think that once we have a good understanding of exactly what our little lady may have to deal with we can much easier speak to the DS society and ask them to support us and help us understand what will happen next.

Thank you for your positivity people... I will let you all know ASAP when I get home tomorrow! xxx

Wishing you all the best sweetheart. Sounds like they are taking good care of you and your LO.

You come across as such a strong lady....sending you and your OH lots of good wishes for tomorrow. I'm sure whatever happens you'll be able to deal with.

Must be so nice to have the support of people on here that have experience of DS xxxx

Hi Hun look at every appointment as getting the best possible care for your little girl :)
:hugs: xxx

Best of luck for tomorrow hun, will be thinking of u all day, (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) xxxxxxxx

hope tomorrow goes okay xxxxx will be thinking about you and your lil lady xx

Hugs Hun, Hope everything goes well with your app , It is a great sign that they didnt see anything at your 12 week xxx

Good luck I will be thinking of you tomorrow and will keep my fingers crossed that they will only have good news for you at these appointments.

Thinking of you and hoping your little one is in perfect health! Xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending lots of positive vibes your way. Really does sound like they are taking the very best care of you and your little girl. Best of luck.

Sending my best wishes!! Hope bubba is doing good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back