scans?

niknaks

Reaction score
went for my mw appointment yesterday and all's well, babys heart sounded nice and strong and she said my bumps the right size. but asked about my next scan and she told me you usually only get two unless their checking for specific things.. is that true? she said if everythings fine you just have your 12 week and 20 week. i was shocked, i always thought u had quite a few and do they really go 20 weeks without checking the babys ok? im glad im on shared care now

Yep that's normal. I'm in northern ireland so they give anothe at 36 weeks as standard here, but mainland I believe there is only 2 x

yep only 2 scans. 12 weeks and then another at about 20 weeks. Mine was at 22 weeks.
I was told the reason is that from the 20 wk they can see any abnormalities etc and from then on ur midwife can track the growth of the baby. Any later scans wont show anything different to your 20 week scan.

That's about right for most places. Some NHS trusts offer one around 8 weeks as well for dating but that is about it.

wow thats crazy. im glad i got a scan 12th oct then. its to check babys heart but at least its something. hate knowing that hes there but cant see him :-( x

Yep that's true :)
No more scans! My mum said that they used to give you about 3/4 back in the 90's when me and my siblings were born.

You could always opt for a private scan :) That costs though! xxx

get fat and then they will give you another scan at the end to check babys size lol.

only two as far as I've heard. In Norway where I'm from they only give 1!

I'm getting extra ones due to my first baby being a whooper! Plus I had an op in that area so getting some extra care lol. X

wow lewa i would hate that. i get extra ones to but their just checking his heart which is annoying. but he did move the last time and got a glimpse of his face even though me and oh couldn't make out what it was. hopefully the next time hell giv us a better view and oh of course of his heart too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back