Scans?

cab'o'holic

Reaction score
Do we have another scan now or is it only if the midwife asks for one?
I had so many with Luke I so dont know how it works, and when I go to the midwife I have so many questions I forget half of them

I'm in reading and they dont give anymore scans unless they think there might be something wrong... or your measuring outide the 'normal' range

20 weeks was going to be my last one but i had to have another due to my bump being so tiny.
so i think you only have another if the midwife wants to check up on something. :think:

Dam I want to know the sex now getting impatient.
I thought I may be able to leave OH at home!
Oh well not to long to wait now

Your only ment to have the 2...

1 dating scan and 1 20 week scan

Other scans are only done if the midwife thinks baby is measuring large/small, or he/she is breech or they can't find the heartbeat with a doppler or something.

You wont see much now anyways...I had my scan yesterday and the lady couldn't find the sex, I already found out at 20 weeks, just wanted to make sure though.

You'll also be lucky if they will discuss the sex with you at a later scan than the 20 week scan anyways, they are not supposed to but some do.

Yeah I know what you mean Jade!!

We couldnt find out the sex of LO @ 20 week scan and then when I got rushed into hospital with my bleed then I thought it would be an ideal oppotunity for when I was scanned to ask the sex again...but the miserable man just frowned at me as if I was being ridiculous!! So we had to have a 4D in the end.

I know the bigger the baby gets its harder to find the parts anyhow.

Cab, why dont you go for a sexing or a 4D scan? Have to make it snappy though!

I have another scan on thursday cause i am measuring big and so want to know the sex but oh doesn't as we have got this far without knowing,but he wont be there as he will be at work,how on earth am i gonna resist asking :D xx

Go on Nikki you gotta do it...its worth a shot!!!! If you do find out then just keep it zipped from OH :D

it would call for a last minute shopping spree and where will i hide all those clothes where he wouldn't find them :lol: ,i need to just be that little more patient :doh: xx

So difficult isnt it????!! You have had great willpower, I admire you!

yeh like everyone said 20wk is the last scan as long as everything goes to plan. I had a few after that cos I was measuring big and stuff.

do you think you are having a girl? x

when i asked at my 20 week scan baby had it's legs crossed but the lady said that she would guess it was prob a girl as she couldn't see anything hanging :shock: ,think i will just wait and see :lol: xx

Ive got at least one every week until baby comes now.

The protocol at my hospital seems to be another scan at 32 weeks, plus the community midwifes usualy have access to a mobile scanner so they can check if it is head down if they are not confident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back