hummm duno what to do??

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
well as some of u may know im still not reg with a local drs. my drs and midwife is 40 miles away where i used to live. So ive been going up there for scans and middy appointments. I know I have to change soon and have just called to get an application form for the local drs down here.

I have to go for a re scan at 35 weeks to check on my placenta as it was showing as low lying at my 20 week scan.

I made my next midwife appointment at the Drs I have always used incase i couldn't get a one down here b4 then. That appointment is booked for the 24th of Feb (not this Tuesday but the following) I thought it would be easier to go to that appointment and then change down to here. Problem is my scan date has come through for the 4th of March. I dont know if I should go to that scan and then change down to here or just change after this next midwife appointment as planned. im scared that if I change now there could be a problem sorting out another scan date for the local hospital down here.

Soo now I dont know what to do...do I change as planned or do I keep the scan appointment up home and then change?!?

I think I would stick to the scan date you've been given, then change. Not ideal for you but you don't want to risk having to wait ages for another date. That's my opinion tho - others may disagree?

Maybe you can speak to a helpful receptionist at the new place who might be able to offer some firsthand advice on what would be best for you and your area?

yeah im thinking more along the lines of keeping the appointments up there till after the scan just to be on the safe side!! I might speak to my midwife and see what she says!! i mean if they decide my placenta hasnt moved how long will they leave me b4 i have a section??? does anyone know??

I'd defo keep the scan date then change Lesley, but as for what they'll do if placenta is still low I have no clue! Sowweee

I would go in and talk to the new docs surgery it may be you can change there and keep the scan at the old hospital.
If the placenta is still low lying at 35 weeks it is my understanding they will arrange a c-section for around 38 weeks advise you no sex :wink: and to go in straight away if you have any bleeding or go into labour naturally. Of course it may be different in your area.

Vicki83 said:
I'd defo keep the scan date then change Lesley, but as for what they'll do if placenta is still low I have no clue! Sowweee

yeah I think thats wot im planning on doing!! im just scared results will get lost etc etc if I do it any other way!

Mik said:
I would go in and talk to the new docs surgery it may be you can change there and keep the scan at the old hospital.
If the placenta is still low lying at 35 weeks it is my understanding they will arrange a c-section for around 38 weeks advise you no sex :wink: and to go in straight away if you have any bleeding or go into labour naturally. Of course it may be different in your area.

I called the new place up today to see about registering and asked and they told me to speak to my current midwife :wall:

MrsBrightside said:
Mik said:

I called the new place up today to see about registering and asked and they told me to speak to my current midwife :wall:

Very helpful! Sounds like you would be best served staying where you are then hun we want MiniB looked after as well as his mum :hug:

yeah that's wot i was thinking as well. I think I will stay where i am until after the scan and then move down. God what a head bust :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back