• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan pictures - cost?

Bella2

Reaction score
Bit of a daft question but am I right in thinking you have to pay for scan pics? We have at least 7 family members who have requested pictures when I go for nuchal scan just wondering if it's going to wind up costing me a fortune lol! Any suggestions? x x

Scan it and sent to them via e-mail.

in the letter with my scan date it said that 3 photos cost £6.00 (quite a price for a bit of paper and some ink!). Sorry xx

well i was thinking maybe it cost something like £5 per photo so that's not as bed as I thought! Great idea about emailing - that would work well for my brother who lives away :) might not work well for grandparents though bless 'em! x x

I was getting all the pictures for my first scans for free (though we donated a few quid every time, but this is not mandatory). So I thought it's strange that these pictures are suddenly much more expensive! But well of course the pics are worth the money anyway.

what about photocopying? :) That should work for the grandparents as well!

It depends on your hospital...mine charged £2.50 per pic but Lexusno1 had to pay £10!! xx

At 2 different hospitals I have had to pay £4 per picture, although the sonographer gave us 2 for that price. Then we scanned them then printed them off. It actually was better than the printed one as they are quite shiney. x

Last edited:
Our hosp asked for donations! I'm not sure they would print 7 off!! Better photocopying the best one I think! Or scanning x

at my hospital its 4.50 for one picture.. however my friend got a nice sonographer that give her a free one :) probably best to get the one and copy it :)

Down my way its £4.00 per scan picture.

They only take 4x £1 coins aswell; no other denominations.

xxx

Last edited:
I didn't think they charged!! When I had my early scan, I went to the loo afterwards and I came back on other half had them in an envelope waiting. Bless! Best make sure I have money with me on Friday as I normally only carry loose change and use my card!! :s xxx

they don't charge at my hospital, i think it says in one of my booklets that they welcome donations. I've always gave a few quid each time anyway :).x

Mine were £5 each though they normaly gave me an extra few if they got some good ones and i got a free one when i had my 30 week scan xx

£4 per photos here - and again they only take 4x£1 coins. was annoying as we have £7.60 in coins or something as the cark parking was expensive too! but the sonographer gave us 2 for that price which is nice :)

Unbelievable.... paying for the photos... I did not even think that would be the case...

Had a private scan at 6 weeks and just asked our Gyno if I can have one of the photos and he said yes and gave it to me. I suppose this was private though...

Sounds like a photo booth machine that you have to put coins into... please tell me it is not like that. :)

Am very intreaged now.... :)

Thanks for all your responses girls they're very helpful. Might play it by ear and see how much they are then, seems it differs from place to place. Good idea I.love about scanning onto PC and then printing of my own - pretty sure my mum has some proper photo paper at hers hee hee x x

I havent paid for any of my early ones and didnt pay for my 12 week ones last time but because im going to the main scan department for my nuchal scan, i know ill have to pay. With Adam they were only £1 per photo but that was nearly 3 years ago so im sure they have gone up. But im back to the antenatal clinic for my 20 week one so I wont have to pay for any then. Everywhere is different, i think the emailing idea is a great idea :) x x

I feel very lucky that we don't have to pay (private health care in Guernsey, no NHS). I've just been given 6 for free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back