Scan on Fri - now feel like I am imagining my pregnancy!!?!!

Julia

Reaction score
Dear girls

I have my scan on Friday...BUT....how many of you feel like you have imagined this whole pregnancy thing!! I have had 3 + tests, sickness, tugging and twinges, headaches, no period for 3 months BUT feel like they are going to tell me that there is nothing there!! I know it is daft but has anyone else had this?

i think every pregnant woman goes through this hun i know i did on my first child i was so convinced my scan was going to show nothing its a pretty scary time im already nervous about mine and i got about 7 weeks to wait yet :( so try not to worry your not alone good luck i hope all goes well for you i bet you cant wait to see your little bean :D
xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your reply, Rach

You are right, everyone probably thinks about it at some point, especially coming up to a scan. I am 12 weeks on thurs so I am really pleased to have reached this stage - I can relax a little now. I am sure you will be fine also....the weeks will fly by. Can't wait for the end product though even if it does make my eyes water thinking about it!!!! Good luck, Rach xxx

Hi Julia,

How exciting. It's weird thinking you'll see your little one for the first time isn't it?
I've got my first scan on Monday and have convinced myself they will say nope, there's nothing there but podge! :lol:
I was actually joking with the girls at work yesterday that i'm probably not really pregnant and it's all the sticky toffee muffins i'm eating that's making my tummy fat!
It's def. scary tho. I can't wait until I can feel him/her kick then I will know for sure there is one in there!

Good luck with your scan & let us know how it went. :D

Nicki.xx

Hi Nicki

I can't wait for my scan BUT I am also very nervous. I keep thinking they will say that the heart has stopped beating or that it never even started...do you think I would have a sign before if this were the case? if everything is okay, it will be one of the loveliest moments of my life that I will treasure forever. Can't wait to see the little person who has caused the sickness, headaches, sore boobs, moods, tiredness etc....I have not even met him/her and he/she is already causing mayhem!!!! :lol: My little bun can cause as much chaos as he/she likes - as long as he/she is okay. GOOD LUCK with your scan on Monday, Nicki. It would be lovely to see each other's scan pics - I will try and post mine when I have it.

ooh im so jealous i cant wait to have first scan even though its scary
good luck both of you im sure all will be fine meanwhile im looking forward to my first appointment with midwife which i have 2moro :D
so at least i got something happening :D
cant wait to see your scan photies :D
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I felt like this totally!

I was so relieved to discover that there was in fact something in there and I hadn't gone through three months of tiredness, nausea and headaches for nothing!

:D :D

I was totally convinced that even after 3 tests showing pos that when i went for the scan they werent going to find anything!! but as soon as i saw the little one on the screen i melted! its an amazing experiance, i hope you love every minute of it as i did :D

Good luck hope all goes well

Natalie x

Really just to agree with what everyone else is saying. I did the test and it was positive and went to the docs and got a scan date and then got really nervous that I'd somehow made the whole thing up!!

I kept the test in a drawer and would look at it every couple of days (hours ha!) and re-read the instructions and, yes, it said I was having a baby, but somehow I felt it could be wrong or I'd done something wrong or the baby wouldn't 'take' or something. But then, way in the back of all that, I was thinking 'I'm going to have a baby - me!! - I know it and it's really happening' - it's a wierd feeling.

And then, when you actually see the little mite on the screen it's astonishing!!

Good luck for Friday - and have some tissues handy in case you get a bit emotional ;o)

Just thinking about it has made my eyes fill up...

This is just how I feel and i have ages to wait for my scan on the 26-10-05.

Good luck on your up and coming scan and I look forward to seeing some pics when you get them

Sarah
x

My deepest thanks to you all, girls - you are all such brilliant support. What did people do without the internet when they were expecting? I hope everything goes well for you all. I will let you know what happens on Friday evening. I have everything crossed at the moment that little bun will be fine. Thanks once again for your tremendous response! xx

Hello all

Nevermind what people did before the internet...what did people do before scans!??? It must have been a nightmare. We really are SO lucky to be able to get some piece of mind and see if everything is OK before our babies actually pop out. In the 'olden days', people could just pop out triplets and it would be a complete surprise. imagine that!

And yes...the internet is a lifesaver too!

Boo x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back