scan last fri, think it bad news!!

weggi

Reaction score
had my reassurance scan on friday, at 7 + 3 was so scared everything would go wrong and i think it has!!

was asked if i was sure about my date as the foetus is only measuring 2.4mm which is about what it should be for 5 wks and there was no heart beat, she said that if my dates were correct it doesn't look good, got to go back in on the 10th but just feel like i'm in limbo.

I know my dates were correct cause last month i was a week late and thought i was PG as i had very faint BFP on more than one test then AF turned up.

now i don't know what to feel, don't really feel pregnant any more other than still having really sore boobs and having to pee all the time. but then is that just from having to think in my head that i have already lost this one so that when i go in and they tell me it hasn't grown i don't get too upset whilst i'm there.

i don't know what to do... i really don't want to have to deal with another MC.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh hun, I dont know what to say as nothing is going to make you feel better. :hugs:
I really hope that baby was just in a wierd position or it was too early for the heat beat to be detected and all will be fine, obviously I can not say which way it is going to go but I am really routing for you and bean!
If however the worse does happen, you will make it through and you will get pregnant again and have a baby, maybe you will just need a bit of help from the doctors?

Aw hun I'm really sorry :( maybe ur dates are not wrong but ovulation and implantation were later? Fx for u for u nxt scan xxx

Don't lose faith just yet honey, when I had my early reassurance scan I should of been 7 weeks by dates - on the ultrasound the sonographer said it was looking like possibly 5-6 week pregnancy, there was no heartbeat. I was petrified as I had just suffered a miscarriage a couple of months before. I went back 2 weeks later and all was well, heartbeat present and measuring 8-9 weeks. Turns out I must hav ov'd late and was put back 5 days at 12 week scan.

Fingers crossed for you Hun xxx

thanks laura, it is so nice to hear someone had good news i just find it soo hard to be positive, especially as i have had 2 MC at 8 weeks and this would be my 3rd. don't want to have too much hope and build myself up as it would be a long way to come crashing back down.

:hug: I really hope everything's ok. I know a couple of people who have known exactly when they ovulated, had early scans which had put them weeks behind and thought everything had gone wrong (and had tested early so knew how far along they should be from when they got their BFPs) but for some reason development seemed to have started later. It's quote uncommon but the sonographer who did my 12 week scan with Toby also said that ovulation dates sometimes mean nothing as fertilisation can happen but development is sometimes delayed (but the baby is perfectly healthy, just not as far along as expected). Keeping everything crossed for you :hug: x

Last edited:
I had my first scan at what i thought was 7 weeks and when i went like you was told there was no heartbeat and i would have to go back as i was only measuring what looked like around 5 ish weeks. I went back think it was a week and a half later and the change was unreal and the little flash of the heartbeat was so clear. Try not worry best of luck xxxx

:hugs: Fingers crossed for you that everything is ok. As the other girls have said, it might have implanted later than you thought. Good luck xx

Oh Weggi, I don't know what to say.
Could it be that technically only being 5 weeks it's potentially too soon for a heartbeat?
I'll say a little prayer for you x

I hope everything turns out just fine for you, not the same thing but when i had 12 week scan with my last baby they moved me forward 2 weeks so i must have ovulated really early even though i was sure i ovulated on day 13, this time thye moved me forward a week, so it shows that you can be measuring not at the exact week that you think you are sometimes and everything be fine. the one thing i would hols on to is deep down you never suspected anything was wrong till the scan, i found when i had my miscarraiges i just knew from day 1 that something was wrong different to worry about the same happening, i cant explain it you may understand though

Weggi I hope you're ok. There's lots of hope in the comments above - seems a common occurrence and baby ends up fine. I wish the sonographer would have told you there might be nothing to worry about. As one of the other ladies has said - trust your instincts hun.
I'll also say a prayer xxx

Hi honey, like you said I totally see why you dont want to get your hopes up, just to come crashing down again. However, looks like some girls have experienced this and all has been ok. The next couple of weeks gonna be the worst ever for you, stay strong and you may get that big surprise on the next scan! I have everything crossed for you.....

What a horrible waiting game you have to play hun. Some very hopefull comments posted, I hope these are of some comfort to you. The fact that you still have symptoms means that your body still believes it is growing a baby so I would see that as a positive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Hugs and thinking of you. Hope all ok and my fingers are crossed.

Feel free to PM me as i had a MMC in May last yr. Good luck and hope this isn't the case. Keep us posted.

Nicki xxx

Thanks for all the good wishes and crossed fingers, only 7 days to go now!!!!

Thinking of you hun and sending you some massive hugs. Will keep everything crossed.xxxx

Thinking of you hunny :hugs: my fingers and toes are crossed for some good news at your scan x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of you. Really hope everthing goes ok - big hugs Xx

Sending big hugs hun,how horrendous it must be for you to have to wait a whole week!!
I really feel for you,but like the other ladies have posted there are some brill stories of ladies that have been in the same position as you.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back