scan...full bladder??

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
what i want to know tho is how on earth am i going to have a full bladder next monday without weeing myself! what if im kept waiting for ages! I'll have to go, maybe take a bottle of water with me and drink that if i have to go loo b4 tthey see me...wud that work??

takes 30 mins to an hour fpr the water to fill your bladder !

i know this , cos i done the same for tumour scan , i felt sick i need loo so bad so went , then they made me drink again and wait nearly an hour !

o great, i think im gona find it really hard then. mayeb i shud take a change of clothes! :rotfl: hopefully bubs will pop above my pelvis b4 the scan, maybe it'll releive some of the pressure

dont whatever you do go there with a full bladder.. lol.. drink 1 ltr of fluid about 45 mins b4 u are ment to go there..if not a bot less and take a bottle of water with you.. i had a wee 2 hrs b4 my scan and drank aobut 3 lts of fluid and she said my bladder was empty.. she still managed to see the baby tho.. i told ehr i have drunk 3 ltrs.. she said tis the weather.. coz its close u use up the water elsewhere..

dont go with a full bladder coz u will end up weeing yourself..and usually you dont actually get ur sca right away you usually see the mw 1st

I always drink loads on the way there and in the waiting room, they usually have you through and scanned pretty quickly as they know u have a full bladder lol I wouldnt worry about it! Just dont have a wee when u get there if ur bursting cos they will delay ur scan and make u drink more!

I drank the water as instructed and when i had my scan she said that my bladder was not full but she was still able to see the baby fine. Maybe it is easier to see the further you are. I was 14+3 when i had mine.

good luck :hug:

i only drank a small bottle of coke all day and my scan was fine, they were sending many of the women out to empty their bladders as well. good luck for your scan.

xxxx

I drank a pint of water before i left for the clinic... pic of little one was clear enough....

If they don't get a clear picture they tend to send you back out to drink more water and call you back in 20 mins later.

Don't drink too much as you will just end up with stomach ache and will not enjoy your scan.

To be honest I wore my mil bladder weakness pads just incase I had a wee dribble. :oops:

thanks for all ur advice, i'll bear it all in mind! thanks for the good lucks aswell! x :D

its good practice for 3rd tri when ur bladders constantly full and after the birth when ur sore and scared to wee lol!
good luck at the scan :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back