• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan Date....Annoyed slightly

cherrybinky

Reaction score
I know the midwife said it was busy at the moment but I think theyre taking the piss slightly. I have my scan appointment through. 20th May!!! Ill be 13+1 then and they can only do nucal till 13+6 so I feel are cutting it fine. That will be 5 weeks 4 days since I first saw my midwife. Im dreading using Leeds hospital, its a farce!

:trouble:

That's a bit of a bummer hun :eh: guess there's not much you can say to her about it though x

Oh no, its not her fault at all. She did say it was busy but I just think theyre cutting it fine and though I might have got in before that :(

That really sucks :( Sorry to hear that hun.
I'm supposed to be having a scan at 11 weeks, but not sure if midwife had a screw lose or not that day, she got my bloody due date wrong! I really hope she was telling the truth though. I don't think I can wait til 12 or 13 weeks pregnant :(

I think that if you hadn't of had the early scan, you'd be feeling a lot more annoyed right now. But because you've already seen your little bean well and healthy, it sort of takes a lot of weight off your mind. I wish I had the money for an early scan but I don't, and also.. 4 weeks isn't that long to wait if I think about it. Just gotta keep myself busy and healthy!

xxx

Thanks. I agree that if I hadnt had my scan Id be a lot more worried. One thing that keeps upsetting me is on forums. I just get myself relaxed and happy and someone posts that theyve had a mc at 9 or 10 weeks and it freaks me out :( I dont want to go through another 4 weeks wait and then find no heartbeat. But, I guess what will be will be

:hug: I know, seeing the mc thing is worrying for us all in Tri1, or at any stage really. Like you said, what will be will be, but that is easier said than done. It's unnerving but there's nothing we can do is there? I really think it's such a shame that we have all strived to get pregnant, and as soon as we are we wish the pregnancy away so that our babies are here and safe, it's a shame to feel this way but I guess it's only natural :hug: x

I know how you feel hun :/
It sounds horrible but I try to avoid that word 'miscarriage'. If I see someone's ticker in their signature mentioning how long it's been since they lost their baby or something, I just scroll down quickly because it scares me a lot :(

But I do show sympathy when I see someone has had a miscarriage because it's a truly horrible thing to see people go through and if it happens to me I'd want my PF friends to comfort me too.

I'm terrified of going to the scan and being told my baby has passed :/ Hence why I really want time to go quick and for my scan to be tomorrow. But it's 4 weeks away and I've gotta look after my baby in the meantime and hopefully everything will be alright.

Try not to worry hun, we really shouldn't worry. xxx

oh babe, have you told your midwife your fears yet? x

If it helps I got measured 13+1 on my nuchal scan date so it's not unheard of. They got nuchal measurement that day and low risk letter came through about a week later. So there is hope! :) xxx

Thanks. I agree that if I hadnt had my scan Id be a lot more worried. One thing that keeps upsetting me is on forums. I just get myself relaxed and happy and someone posts that theyve had a mc at 9 or 10 weeks and it freaks me out :( I dont want to go through another 4 weeks wait and then find no heartbeat. But, I guess what will be will be

This is exactly what terrifies me about the fact they waited so long to give me appt, and I still dont know when my scan will be :( With you darling xxx

Thanks all :)

Yes Ive told my midwife, she was a stand in one and didnt seem to care. She just smiled knowingly and said it was all natural worries!

I can see it from your point hunny but im the complete opposite I actually asked for a later scan due to my mc (classed as a later mc at my hospital) and they wouldnt change my dates.
If you are really worried I would speak to your midwife again and see if there is anything she can do. Hope you manage to get it sorted sweetie x x

really busy for scan here too !!! tried to change my date so oh could come ended being even later !!! mine the 6th may will be 12+5 so share your frustrations at least u had your ealy scan to hold onto xxx

Cherry I totally understand how you feel. My first scan is on 23rd May when I will be 13+2. Gutted totally that I cried when I got the letter. Unlike you I havent had an early scan so literally have to worry on until then. It seems like an age away and every day is sooooooo long.

I even rang the midwives up and said about the nuchal (which I too am having) saying that what if my dates werent accurate then I would be too far gone to have it. She agreed but was having none of my trying to get an earlier one. Like you she said that they were busy and that was the available slot and that if I was over I wouldnt be able to have it and would have to have the blood test at 16 weeks.

Nowt we can do but hang on in there. At least you're not alone. I feel your pain!!

I feel ever so selfish now posting my scan rant as I did have an early scan but I'm still worrying and its really getting me down. I have to say, I don't know how any woman can 'enjoy' the first trimesta, its asolutely horrid. :(

Oh Cherry you're not being selfish! Dont be so hard on yourself. It is so worrying. I wont stop worrying until I have that scan so am just hoping the time passes quickly. xxx

I had my 12 weeks scan at 13+1 x I didn't know thats what I was though until I got there x

They couldn't get nuchal measurements cause baby kept moving, so I got 1 vial of blood taken for the test x It wasn't too much trouble x

We saw the fingers and brain (looks like a butterfly!) and bean moving about..It was really really amazing xx

Hope your scan goes well and little bean behaves and they get the measurements! xx

im 10 weeks + and havent had a date for my scan, i see my midwife for the first time tomorrow. im 37 so an older mum.

I've been very lucky today. I rang them and they had 1 appt left for Friday 13th (my lucky number) so I've taken it. Only 2 weeks to wait now yay x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back