• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan :D

buddabun

Reaction score
No pic I'm afraid - they were 'out of paper' (i.e. being cheapskates) but we saw the baby :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The CRL measured 6w5d (3 days behind what I thought) but she said '6-7 weeks' and it's too early to be too accurate. It was around 5mm and had a HEARTBEAT!!! I blubbed like a baby, Mr B was amazed (although looking for twins :lol:). She also said it was nice and high up in my uterus (which I assume means no chance of placenta praevia?).

I am on cloud 9 and can't stop grinning :D

Oh and PS the woman kept commenting on how enormously full my bladder way - as if I didn't know!!! They kept me waiting so long I had to waddle out of the US room and spent about 10mins peeing afterwards.

lol, but its the best pee in the world when you need it so bad!
i just had to get back up to see if everything went ok. I'm so so glad you saw bbean & a heartbeat :cheer:
when will they scan you again? i'm so happy for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

Well hopefully at 12w but I have to go through the whole maze of doctors to book it again ("GP" equivalent -> hospital consultant -> scan referral! What a kerfuffle).

I am still buzzing today, plus hubby got promoted. Good day!

Bless you getting back up again. I'm sorry I caused you lost sleep (I am knackered today as was up half the night worrying about it!). I still can't believe that this tiny little thing is growing inside me... And has a beating heart. It's mental. I know you've all been through this silly phase before but it just seems so surreal!

I really hope this one sticks :pray: :pray: :pray:

That is so amazing hun, it must have been magical seeing your little one's heart beating away :D

:hug:

Yeah! Hurrah for your beating blueberry. I'm dead chuffed for you. That's great news.

It was surreal. I was afraid to ask her if what I saw was the heartbeat in case i was wrong but it was just a tiny little flickering white dot :lol:

I am just praying I make it into Tri2 now :pray:

Fantastic news. I'm glad it well. You must be so relieved! :hug: :hug:

Excellent news - I'm so pleased everything went so well. It's so exciting seeing the heartbeat - makes it all that more real! :cheer:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! Well done budda! Oh honey I'm so chuffed for you that's brilliant news. I know it feels like there's still a long way to go to tri 2 but chances are so much better now you've got a heartbeat. I just KNOW this is a sticky one. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

It's got to stick. I just can't see any other way now.

Does seeing the heartbeat make the odds loads better then? I have been purposefully not looking up stats with this one...

Yep no question about it it's a bona fide statistic I promise. I'm not sure by how much exactly, but definitely significant :D

suits me!

i cant believe it has a heart it's only 5mm long :shock:

I know it's mad. It's all mad. Mine's only 7cm or something and it's got fingerprints apparently. How can they tell?!

FIGNERPRINTS?! Wow!

I would guess that they can tell either from that contact embryoscopy that produces such amazing in utero photos or from miscarried babies?

I guess so. I prefer not to think about it! But it still sounds a bit mental to me. And the girls at this stage have all their eggs already. It's just bonkers. Seems like all they do for the whole of tris 2 and 3 is grow, everything's already formed by end of tri 1. Nature. It's incredible.

buddabun said:
Well hopefully at 12w but I have to go through the whole maze of doctors to book it again ("GP" equivalent -> hospital consultant -> scan referral! What a kerfuffle).

I am still buzzing today, plus hubby got promoted. Good day!

Bless you getting back up again. I'm sorry I caused you lost sleep (I am knackered today as was up half the night worrying about it!). I still can't believe that this tiny little thing is growing inside me... And has a beating heart. It's mental. I know you've all been through this silly phase before but it just seems so surreal!

I really hope this one sticks :pray: :pray: :pray:

omg yay for the promotion too!! :cheer:
you didn't cause me to loose sleep i was just laid there feeling sick anyways, so i decided to do something useful and see if you'd posted yet lol.
i asked after my last scan about the stats once you'd seen a heartbeat and she didn't give me figures but said something along the lines of its better once theres a heartbeat, so lots of hugs and prayers for a sticky baby. :hug:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back