Growth scan today

KJL

Reaction score
Well after all the twinges and contractions I've been having this wk I've been really anxious about today! I had to have an extra growth scan as baby's growth had taken a big nose dive last time and they were concerned that she wasn't growing efficiently. Well baby has grown, they estimate just under 6 lbs which is still little but an improvement on my last scan so yey :cheer: He said that the baby is head down and low and roughly 3/5ths - 2/5th palpable. He also commented though that the baby is especially "wriggly" / active which can mean the level of engagement can change quite quickly.

I have a Dr's appointment on Fri to discuss an induction date and i'm hoping he's happy enough with the level of engagement. The scan Dr. has said that the obstetrician will be able to determine this more with an internal. I'm going to ask for a sweep on fri as I'd like to try and go into established labour naturally. The scan Dr. did say that with all the prelabour contractions I've been having that things seem quite favourable :D

I was just wondering for anyone who has been induced, is there a big increased chance of it ending in a cesarean?

i cant answer your question because i have no idea lol but i hope you get your sweep and everything gets moving for you :D

I was induced with my 1st baby, and almost had a c-section, she was finally delivered in the operating theatre, when i was all prepped for teh section.

It does increase your chances slightly, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back