Saw the Midwife Yesterday

smurf

Reaction score
Well had my 31 week checkup yesterday and am gutted mw's confirmed I do have SPD :cry: I've thought this was the case for a good few weeks now as I am in agony turning over in bed and have now started to get pain when I walk. Both my sisters have suffered with it one of them was very very bad with her second baby she basically had to use a wheelchair because she couldn't walk anywhere.

The mw has suggested I book an apt with the Dr to get a referral to a physio as she can't refer me. So seeing Dr on Monday morning hopefully won't have to wait too long to see the physio. I've been trying to tell them this since I was about 24 weeks pg but the other mw I see just kept saying it was just a trial of being pregnant.

Anyway she had a good feel of my tummy and bubs is lying transverse AGAIN. At 24 weeks was transvers then at 28 weeks s/he was head down but now we're back to transvers again! which is a nightmare cos its much harder to feel bubs kicking she also had trouble getting the heartbeat. So now instead of going back in 3 weeks she wants to keep a slightly closer eye on my and so I have to go back in 2 but they won't be able to turn bubs until 37 weeks.

Hey there :hug:
At least now they've diagnosed it they can moving and refer you to people who can help. Fingers crossed it can help ease the pain and you won't have to go through anything like your sisters experience ever.
My baby bounces between breech and transverse so I'm quite jealous that yours at least knows of the head down position! Here's hoping that your little one tries it out again soon!

Thanks eightball I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. Apparently its fairly rare for babies to stay in that position so I am optomistic.

aw hun, i hope the physio works.

baby still has lots of time to turn :) at about 33weeks (i think) baby was breech, and by next appointment baby was head down and has stayed that way ( :pray: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back