Saturday job for 15 year old. advice needed please

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hiya, im asking this question on behalf of my 15 year old brother, he is home taught with tutors and has been since he was 10, he is now 15 and wants to get a saturday job/sunday job, does he need to apply for some sort of permit, or do the employers sort that out for you? been a long time since i was a 15 year old sat girl, any ideas ladies
thanks in advance xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
saffs xxx

im not sure if you can get a job at 15.
maybe local news agents etc can give him a job
not too sure on this one :)

i started working in my local market when i was 13 and didnt apply for anything and i doubt my employer did either.
Not sure if that legal though :shakehead:

not sure hun, i THINK you could get jobs working on stalls/paper rounds etc but not in shops!? not sure about that one though, i only started working when i was 16! good luck! :D

thanks ladies ill let him know, xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You CAN work in shops at 15 but as a former high st retail manager I know most stores are reluctant to hire people so young as they need special risk assesments etc.

Local shops would be a better idea, or maybe something else. He could walk dogs, wash windows, or do gardens maybe? Lovely in this weather!

A lot of teenagers here do the catalogues, Betterware, Avon etc, but am not sure how lucrative (or safe) that is :?

Tell him good luck from us!

Hey you...can he get a paper round or something to tide him over till he's 16? Then he'll be able to find something, say supermarket work etc. I know a lot of high street stores (having recently gone through this with my younger step-kids) won't take them on aged 15 although legally they can work for a few hours on a Saturday. Sainsburys wouldn't accept my kids applications untill they were 18, possibly for licencing laws regarding cigaretts, alcohol, razors, knifes etc and insurance for under 18's is higher than insurance for over 18 workers. My youngest got a paper round aged 14 and earned himself just short of £20 a week for what took him 15 mintes per morning before school and a Saturday. Since he didn't have rent/bills etc that £20 was all his for sweets, junk food, cinema etc, seemed like a lot to him, he loved it. He's 16 now but because legally the school year doesn't finish till the last week in June he isn't getting anywhere with shop type Saturday work, supermarkets, McDonalds etc as they want them to "officially" be out of school. I hope he get's something though, I'll put my thinking cap on! :hug:

hi he can work in shops but most big stores wont take him on, he could try like the pound shops or market stalls etc that have saturday or sunday workers. they apply for the special permit for him to work all he has to do is find a job. when i was 15 i worked at a pound shop on a saturday and 2 evenings in the week. HTH hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back