Sat here smiling

valleygirl24

Reaction score
Ive just sorted out the baby's clothes into piles so I can start washing them. :D
They look so little and sweet I cant help but smile looking at them.
Wish they would all have the same wash temperatures etc though, got some wanting 40c cotton, some 40c synthetic, and the all in one to bring baby from hospital is a 30c :wall: oh and thats before you look at whether they can be tumble dried, some can, some cant grrrrrr. Why cant they make them all the same, personally I think it makes sense to be able to tumble dry baby clothes

Just wash them all together hun and tumble dry them. I don't even look at the labels tbh!

Keep smiling :hug:

Kim x x x x

Meggiewoo said:
Just wash them all together hun and tumble dry them. I don't even look at the labels tbh!

Im the same, i just put everything in on a 30 baby clothes wash and tumble dried the lot and they turned out perfect and all smelling of fairy mmmmm :hug:

The only thing im careful with is if its hand knitted cos the tumble drier kills it so hang them on an airer to dry

I put all the clothes into a 40c synthetic wash and they are now in the tumble dryer on a low heat (a couple of vests said not to tumble dry) and Ive got the bed sheets in the machine as I type. Next is a cellular blanket and an all in one that need 30c wash, and Im thinking of putting all the hand knitted cardigans in with them.
All that is left then is the humphrey corner bedding for the cot but atm I havent got the cot here so theres not much point in washing it until Im ready to use it/put it on the cot

I did this last week, it was so strange to see all the baby clothes drying. I put mine in at a 35 degree quickwash because I was just freshening it up. Everything came out ok & its all ironed & waiting for him now. How exciting!!

I dont usually bother ironing clothes unless they need it, but I cant wait to do baby's clothes so they are all ready. Only problem I have is not having anywhere to store them yet and a house full of stone and plaster dust so Im going to dry & iron them and take them up to my mothers house until baby arrives

I never normally iron :oops: , I think my iron has been used about 3 times since we bought it! But it was really nice getting his stuff all done, it made me feel like a proper mum! Sounds like a good idea taking then away until your house is sorted. If your mum is anything like mine she will love having the clothes there. My mum has kept the clothes that she bought and they are washed and hanging up on little hangers in her room. Think she is more excited than we are!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back