SARAH (geordie lass) THREAD COLLIER IS HERE *Now with pic*

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
UPDATE 14 - pic!

I've had the ok to post a pic of Collier on here for you all to see! So here is the little man that caused his mummy so much drama! Welcome to the world Collier! Isn't he a sweetheart!

2533888967_c2e08d0e11_o.jpg

UPDATE 13 - COLLIER IS HERE!!!!

He was born 20 minutes ago by emergency c-section. He got a little stuck and started to get stressed so poor Sarah ended up with a section but mum and baby are both doing well.

He weighed an impressive 8lb 10oz

James was the one to text me and he said that Collier was very much worth the wait!

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH! I'm so proud of you girl! I hope all goes well and that you recover quickly from the op. You've done SO well!!! Can't wait to see pics of your little man! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE 12

Had a text from James about an hour ago to say that the consultant had given her one more hour to 'shift the last bit of cervix' and that they were hopeful that she'd be able to do and deliver naturally. Baby Collier is not distressed at all and is doing well. Now it's been an hour i'm guessing she is either pushing naturally or having her section.

So the next news should be of Collier's arrival!! I'm in for the rest of the day now so i'll update as soon as i hear! xxxx

UPDATE 11

Had another text from James. Sarah has made it to 8cm now! They have given her 2 hours to get to 10cm before they do a section so fingers crossed she can do it!

Collier is now back to back but the epidural means Sarah can't feel this which is good. xxxx

UPDATE 10

Just had a text from James (Sarah's OH) to say that Sarah has had a pretty bad night. She's only gone from 3cm to 6cm and she had to have an epidural to help her.
Collier is strong at the moment but they are worried about him getting tired. She will be examined again at 11am and if she hasn't dilated much more then she will have to have a c-section.

Poor Sarah, let's all send dilating dust her way! I told James to tell her we are all wishing her the best.
Let's hope the poor chick doesn't have to wait too long!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE 9!

Sarah is on her way to the delivery suite for her induction! YAY!!!!! She is scared but happy! I know she'll be just fine! I'm so excited for her!!!!

UPDATE 8

Had a few texts from Sarah and she has been asking after the rest of you and asking if anyone was in labour! She sends her love and says to xJuliex that she deserves to pop soon and she sends labour dust her way!

Sarah also said she is getting excited as they've said she can go down to be induced in the next hour or two as there is space for her! She will let me know when she goes down!

If i'm still up i'll update you when she does, if not then i'll do it as soon as i can! xxxx

UPDATE 7!

had another text, she had a shower and got a bit upset and one of the midwives heard her crying and comforted her. They've said no promises BUT they hopefully will take her for her induction within the next hour! So hopefully not long now!

UPDATE 6

Still no Collier! Or contractions OR induction!
Sarah says she has been bouncing like a 'crazy bunny' on her ball and has been charging down the corridors like a 'looney soldier' trying to bring on labour but it hasn't worked yet!

She has asked to borrow my phrase... NOTHING, NADA, ZIP
****labour dust**** come on Collier, time to meet your mummy!!
Sarah just text me again to say that she has had a needle put in her arm for anti-biotics to stop an infection. She hates needles so she had a but of a panic attack and ended up needing her inhaler! The poor poppet! She is having a rough time of it!!

UPDATE 5

I last heard from Sarah about 1:50pm ish, she was still in the labour ward and rather fed up! She is very tired and unable to sleep. She did say that her mammy and James were looking after her well which is good to know!

I'm hoping that she has either been moved OR she has managed to get some sleep. I'm going to wait for her to text me as I don't want to wake her if she has managed to get some kip!

P.S I'll now add the times i'm updating the the thread title so you can tell whether you've heard the latest!!

Hugs again to Sarah!

UPDATE 4!

Sarah has been monitored for 20 mins and Collier is doing well. She says a lot of her fluid has gone now so her belly looks quite baby shaped! She had some contractions whilst being monitored but they've gone again now!

She is bouncing on her ball and pacing the ward.

The ward is SO FULL that it is closed to new admissions and that's aprt of the reason she is still waiting! They have said that as soon as there is space in delivery she'll be taken down to be induced! Hope she doesn't have to wait too long! HUGS FOR SARAH! xxxxxx

UPDATE 3!
Sarah has been texting me throughout the night so here is the general gist of what she has been saying!
At 12:44am - the lady next to Sarah was snoring really loudly and Sarah was thinking of ways to shut her up - one involved attaching the tens machine to the ladies nose and turning it up to full! hehehehe
At 3:09am Sarah's contractions were getting more painful and she is grateful to have her TENS machine which seems to be helping.
At 4:37am Sarah is 3cm dilated and they were thinking of taking her down to the delivery suite BUT
At 5:57 - the contractions had calmed right down and so she is still on the ward. But she did manage to get an hours sleep.
At 8:29 - nothing seems to be happenings, Sarah is getting a bit fed-up
At 8:32 - Sarah had a shower to refresh herself but is feeling a bid hot and humid! And her new towel has covered her in fluff! Another lady on the ward came in in full swing of labour and poor Sarah is jealous and upset.

I'm not 100% sure of the times as Sarah's phone doesn't seem to receive texts instantly so i'm not sure whether I get them instantly or not. I've been texting her back throughout the night and i'll tell her we're all thinking of her. I really hope it kicks off properly for her soon!

thinking of you Sarah!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE 2 (12.24am)
Had text from Sarah, she is 2cm dilated and contracting! The sweep seemed to work and so for now she isn't on a drip!

Good luck Sarah!!

Hello and welcome to the thread we've all been waiting for! Well Sarah is officially in hospital and not too far from being a mummy!
I had a text off of James (her OH) earlier saying that Sarah was a little upset at not being allower her water birth but that she was otherwise ok. A follow-up text says that she has had a sweep and they think Collier may make his own move soon! And that Sarah was currently napping!

I will update as and when I hear from either Sarah or James and i'll put all new update at the top of this thread and i'll make sure it gets bumped up if needed!!

I know Sarah won't read this for a while but i want to wish her all the best and say (yet again) how excited I am that she will soon be a mammy!!! Thinking of you Sarah :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:[/img]

best of luck Sarah, i hope you can do this naturally rather than the drip!!

Can't wait to meet collier

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks 4 the update Suzie

xxx

Good Luck Chick.

:shhh: I got up early today to find out what was happening!

:hug:

Aww that is a wee shame she couldn't get her water birth! :( Hopefully she'll have baby Collier soon! :cheer:

yeyyyyy! i'm so glad she started dilating naturally :cheer:

fingers crossed collier is here this morning or soon :hug:

great news, im so glad collier is making a move naturally, hope it wont be too long for her :cheer:

i logged on at 3.15 when i got up to feed Caitlyn to see where Sarah was up to lol!!!

Come on Collier - I'll want you to have your birthday on Caitlyns original due date!!

Good luck!! Hopefully by now things are on their way! Not long now :dance:

Good luck! There shouldn't be much longer now! :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back