Saggy belly

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
I gave birth 3 1/2 weeks ago and although my belly has gone down a lot it is really saggy and covered in stretch marks. I have tried on my old clothes and my trousers fit on the legs but I can't do them up because of the extra flab hanging over the top. I even went in town to get some new clothes as I have hardly any now and my normal size 14 is too tight on the belly and a 16 is ok on the belly but too big on the legs. I am really stressing as I have nothing to wear and feel disgusting when I look in the mirror at my belly. Do you think my belly will go flat again and do you think it is best to do some sit ups?

sorry to say hun but hope is 8 weeks tomoz and i still have the same prob:( i hate it too :hug:

I never lost my saggy belly

it takes time. it took you 9 months to put the wieght on. give it 9 months to get it off. Theres no rush. Get a pair of jeans in a bigger size if needs be :)

the first few months i just wore combats and baggy bottoms as no jeans would fit me. my legs were a size 10 but my belly a 16

sorry hun, nine years on I still have mine with me but as I put on weight during the years it doesn't look so bad now.

sit ups all the way, strengthen the tummy muscles and it should help loads..i have the same problem!

I still have the jelly belly too, but it is getting better. Did you buy a birthing ball? If you did, I use mine for sit ups etc and that is toning it up - SLOWLY but it is getting there!

S. xx

im proud of my belly, it managed to hold my big chunk of a bubba and when its ready it will go back to ironing board proportions....

i hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray: :pray: :shock:

Hey hunnie...don't be in such a rush, as budge said it took 9 months to put your weight on, and unfortunately some of us don't shrink back like others. But if you do get time try sit ups, lunges and brisk walking...always pulling your tummy muscles in. When you're washing the pots or standing still do some squats. Or if you have someone to watch bubba get yourself to pilates or yoga...they're great!!! My friend and I have just started kickboxing lessons... :lol: Exercise and sensible eating, saying that though I still have a bit of a kangaroo pouch but hey it will go when its ready and if not, well worse things have happened....
Take care.... :hug:

Hi Gemz, my belly has improved loads now and all I do is brisk walking, its great for toning up your whole lower half and if you stand up straight and pull your stomach muscles in its even better :wink:

(Cassi: love the penguin clip haha :rotfl: )
Anyway about the belly. I was too knackered/lazy to do anything about the sagginess although it disgusted me every time I looked in the mirror. Pre-preg was always a size 10/12, then afterwards was always in size 14 or in fact a lot of my maternity stuff for quite a long while afterwards!
My husband bought me one of those stretchy exercise strap things (which have stirrups for your feet) last Xmas. He was trying to be kind but I was very hurt!
Anyway I finally got back to my pre-preg size about four months ago, I think mostly because my little angel started walking so i was running around everywhere after him. And now i'm pregnant again the old muffin belly is already making a comeback!!!
Just be careful with the exercising. Its still early days and you will still be tender so don't overdo it. Swimming is a good one as its a bit more gentle than sit ups. Good luck!

Gemz, I lost a LOT of weight very quickly last year and had this problem. I have a mate who's a personal trainer and he recommended a programme called "8 minute abs"
Just do what you can and in a short time you'll be able to keep up with their pace and then you'll only need to do it a couple of times a week. Some of the exercises can be done in bed too if you cant sleep :)

I downloaded it from the net ;)

Beware though, tummy feels like youve been hoofed very hard the first couple of times but after that it gets used to it and you'll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back