Sad face :-(

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Yesterday I started expressing mainly because my nips were so cracked and were bleeding...so I decided to give them a days rest and feed Evie via bottle (breast milk and formula)z however I would appear that she has now forgotten how to breastfeed! :-(. Tried putting her to the breast this morning ad my boob were massie and dripping like a tap and she just wouldn't latch on. Ended up expressing...will continue to do so bit am sad that I can feed her off the boob anymore!

Keep trying to latch her - she does know how to do it, i'm sure i've read that one method is to give her the bottle for a bit so she's not really crying cos she's hungry and once she's had enough to settle a bit offer her your boob and persevere. Just cos she is refusing today doesnt mean you have to stop - she might just be a bit confused as to what is going on.

I agree with Frankie. Also, some times when Eva was little, she couldn't latch on when my boobs were too full - I had to express for a min to get the boob softer and then she latched on again :) xx

I agree with Frankie. Also, some times when Eva was little, she couldn't latch on when my boobs were too full - I had to express for a min to get the boob softer and then she latched on again :) xx

I did think this actually as my boobs were sooo engorged this morning. They are rock hard footballs when I wake up...so it was probe hard for her to latch on.

Thanks both.x

Good luck. Hope she latches again for you and you can carry on breastfeeding :)

She just had some from the boob!!! Yay!! They were obviously too engorged for her this morning...but she was happy nough to clamp on this evening. Bless her my boobs are like a dripping tap and her face gets covered in milk before she successfully latches on (she gets her hands in the way or shakes her head back an forth looking for the boob for a bit!)x

Brilliant-well done. G spent the first couple of weeks always getting hands in the way and turning his head the wrong way! It was like handling an octopus sometimes-needed other people to hold his hands out of the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back