Sad day yesterday!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
So- The day started with a scan and a consultant appointment.
Then, our consultant appointment was supposed to be straight after the scan at 2:50. At 4:30 they eventually saw us!!! Jeremy at this point was pretty irritated.

Our scan had been done by the only sonographer at the hospital that makes us nervous. This is partly because it ea he who told me about the high nuchal fold, but partly to do with the fact that he doesn't speak much English, and so there is A LOT of silence during the scan. So Jeremy and I just have to sweat until someone else can explain what they have seen!

When he did his report, we all sat in silence again. Eventually after 10 mins (after the scan) of sitting in his office watching him type into his computer, Jeremy got the bottle to ask did he find any problem with her bowel. The sonographer looked confused, but eventually said that he had not noticed anything specific to do with her bowel area! (Horray!)

When we went into the consultant room (late and with no apology!) we were introduced to a registrar who asked when we had been given the DS dx. I explained 14 weeks, and he apologised to Jeremy and I about our daughter! Jeremy erupted at this point. He asked the reg why he felt it was ok to apologise about our daughter, who we love! Her DS was one element of her and he wished people in the medical profession would stop apologising to us about it!!!! I was half prou of him, but also wished the world would swallow me up!!!

We were advised that our LO was measuring too small, and that we have to go back at 36 weeks. Baby is under the 10th percentile, and if at 36 weeks they still think she is too small they want to induce me and put her straight Into the neonatal unit!!! :-(

I got home to pick Imogen up from my Mum and Dad's house, and I was told that my Nan who has been in hospital for quite a while has deteriorated and I was invited to go and see her to say Goodbye! I drove to the hospital she was in, and she really looked bad!

As I left her I told her I loved her and her words were "god bless your girl!" I am feeling so moved! As yet, I haven't heard from my mum that anything has happened, but I am feeling so glum today!!!

I am off to Oxford today for another scan- this time to check Bubba's heart!
I am so bloody tired because I only got home from seeing my Nan after midnight last night! Why a shite couple of days!!!
:-(

Jeeesss so sorry to hear all that your going through and big hugs sounds like you need them XX

Awww... Sounds like you are having a really horrible time... Sending you big hugs at this time... Xx

:hugs: sorry hun, i hope you get better news at the 36 week scan :hugs: xxx

Aww hun :hug: Hope you get better news at your next scan x

Well done on the husband. They all sound like complete idiots.

Big hugs your way xxx

Sending you big hugs honey. Keep your proud head held high and know that everyone here is rooting for all to good with your LO.

And well done on Jeremy for saying what most people probably think, but don't have the bottle to say!

xxx

:hugs: I'm not surprised your tired.
Hope things go well today, and things go well at your 36week scan. xx

Oh hun so sorry you had a bad day. LOve and hugs to you both. xx

Awwww bless ya! What a stressful day you had! Lots of hugs:hugs:

:hugs: sorry to hear your having such a rough time. xxx

Oh bless you hun, sounds like you've had a rough time. Good on your hubby for telling the docs what he thought though! Patronising gits.

Stay strong xxx

So sorry Hun, I think your right to be proud of your DH what he done was great and hopefully made the registrar think before he talks . Really hope your scan goes well tomorrow xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back