3D scan :-(

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well, I went for the 3D scan yesterday. LO is growing perfectly, and as far as the could see, they were happy with everything that they saw, which was great! As always, my first question was 'how is her heart!?' and it was lovely to see her little heart beating so nicely! However ...

in true Bubba Turner style, as soon as there is a scan, she hides! She pushed her face into the placenta as if it was the softest cushion in the world, and pretty much removed to move her face away. Result = not too great! She just would not show herself properly. She hid her face with her hands, the placenta, and then the cord. The sonographer was so patient and sent me away 4 times to go and have a walk, have a freezing cold drink, have something to eat, relax etc... but it was no use! In fact, in even naughtier Bubba Turner style, she hid more and got into an even more difficult position.

Imogen got seriously bored and started swinging around, irritating Jeremy, which resulted in him telling her off, her howling, the sonographer giving her one of their bears that they sell in the gift bag etc... What a pallava!

The sonographer managed to get 1 minutes worth of footage for a DVD but said she couldn't sell it to me because it was supposed to be 10 minutes worth. She gave me 3 pictures that she had managed to get (I will get Jeremy the tech god to put them up here at some point!) and gave Imogen a copy of one of them too! But my dream of walking away with a CD Rom full of images of her, and a DVD that I could watch to my hearts content have been well and truely scuppered! I was gutted!

Aww... That's such a shame. :(. Is there no way they'll let you go back another day - maybe at a different time of day? That might mean LO is a little less camera shy? It's worth asking. Xx

Apparently Baby Premier don't offer that at all. Baby bond do. I kind of wish I had gone with baby bond now, but my OH refused to go back to the place where we found out about the last mmc.

The thing is, the sonographer was fabulous too, and tried so hard to get LO to move, so I can't even say that I didn't get a great service! I feel a bit sad, but then I don't know if thats just because of how shattered and rubbish I am feeling at the moment!

Oh hun sorry it didn't work out as you hoped......but you have to smile in a way lol, little monkey!!!

Great about her heart :hug: xxxxxxxx

Yes you do have to smile! It was like a scene from some comedy sitcom in that room. This child of mine is seriously the naughtiest monkey ever! Every single time they scan her she causes them (and us!) grief. I think after the hundreth scan that she had in early pregnancy, she decided not to play ball anymore!

How are you doing babybrian? I hope youve got your feet up and you are resting after your energetic night... You relax now!

Hi
I had exactly the same experience when I went for my 4D scan a few weeks ago - we have another try on Saturday but given the I had a growth scan yesterday and LO is head down and hiding her face literally all the time I'm not hopeful for much footage either. My 5 year old stepson is not looking forward to it which is a shame because he was really excited before and now he just gets bored and doesn’t want to be there.

It’s interesting that they have their own little personalities, preferences and patterns even at this early stage… I think our Los reluctance is a sign of things to come!!! Looks like we are both in for some interesting times ahead ….eeekkk!!

x

Apparently Baby Premier don't offer that at all. Baby bond do. I kind of wish I had gone with baby bond now, but my OH refused to go back to the place where we found out about the last mmc.

The thing is, the sonographer was fabulous too, and tried so hard to get LO to move, so I can't even say that I didn't get a great service! I feel a bit sad, but then I don't know if thats just because of how shattered and rubbish I am feeling at the moment!

Aw, that's a shame. Try not to be too disheartened - you don't have the DVD you wanted, but soon enough you will have the real thing which wil be SO much better than any DVD you can watch. DVDs are lovely to watch, but realistically when you have the real little lady here in the flesh, the fact that you don't have the DVD will not matter so much. Xx

Yes you do have to smile! It was like a scene from some comedy sitcom in that room. This child of mine is seriously the naughtiest monkey ever! Every single time they scan her she causes them (and us!) grief. I think after the hundreth scan that she had in early pregnancy, she decided not to play ball anymore!

How are you doing babybrian? I hope youve got your feet up and you are resting after your energetic night... You relax now!

Yeah I'm ok lol, tried to get some sleep and failed miserably so will be looking for paint colours and blinds and things ready for when we decorate over the next few weeks.

We didn't book our 4d scan in the end cos OH was worried in case Albert looked ugly in it....I mean seriously lol our first view of him he'll be wrinkly and crusty with a cone shaped head and screaming his heart out and he'll still be the most gorgeous thing ever!!!! :D

Awwww what a shame - on the plus side she gave you a very unique memory! xxxxx

our monkey is always cheeky at scans...i have one this afternoon so lets see if he/she behaves...somehow i think not xx

Aww no :( sorry to hear that! What a shame! :hugs:

Disappointing that they don't rescan, especially with how much you're paying for it.

Bugger!!! Well she def has a strong personality lol
Are you going to go back ? Xx

aww such a pity but sounds so cute all tucked into ur placenta like a cushion, she was probably saying if i can see u yet your not gonna see me lol

not too much longer till u see her in the flesh anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back