rushed to hospital this morning....

mirella

Reaction score
Girls, what a day I've had....

On my way to work this morning, my husband driving (thanks god I don't drive), I started to feel very dizzy and completely pass out. My DH says, as i don't remember, that he had to slap me for about one minute to gain concience and my eyes went all blank...(all this while driving in the motorway... :shock: ) He phoned work to phone and ambulance as we were very close there. The ambulance came for me and they took me to the nearest hospital (not the one I'm booked in).

My blood pressure was low, it reached 70 minimum (don't really understand about BP but it must be low). They kept me for observation, they took my bloods, they put that machine to track baby HB and movements (don't know name), they checked my heart, blood sugar... etc.
They were going to keep me overnight but at the end I was fine, feeling OK and checks came ok, by BP started to be higher and they were happy with me going home.

The only they found out was that my iron was a bit low, they cannot explain what happened to me in the car...

I really don't want to go through this again, it was horrible!!!! never fainted before, not nice!!!!

Anyway, baby is fine and I seem Ok now.

The staff at hospital were all lovely, so surprised with the service!!!!!

And glad I can spend the nice in my bed and not in hospital!!!! and tomorrow rest day, no way I'm going to work....

Must have been scary, glad you & LO are ok. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :eek: how scary that must have been for you :hug:
im so glad you are both okay :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: How scary! Glad you're OK, hope you get lots of rest :hug: x

Glad you are ok hun take it easy :hug:

:shock: bet your hubby was terrified especially driving on the motorway too!

Glad your better now.

I've had similar experiences. When I was pregnant with my eldest DS I passed out in an antenatal class. I remember feeling very light headed and getting very hot but didnt say anything (I didnt want to interrupt and was very self conscious VERY SILLY) and the next thing I knew I was doubled over on my seat with my hair all over my face. I could hear people saying my name but it was so confusing because I didn't recognise any of the voices. I felt so embarrassed. The MW asked me to lie down for a while and I felt OK. I didnt get checked out after and it was just put down to my sitting position and the possible fact that the baby was lying in a position which restrict blood flow 'somewhere'.

From then on I was aware of it and when I felt the sensation of dizzyness/light headed feeling combined with me getting very hot I made sure I could change my position or lie down preferably.

It's happened a few times with this pregnancy too but I've not passed out, thank goodness.

I hope it doesn't happen again because it does feel very scary :hug:

Thanks girls,

feeling a lot better today. The doctors did not know what it was but Charlotte, you must be right, the baby keeps changing position all the time so maybe it was the way she was laying!!!! don't want it to happen again though....

having a rest at home today. but feeling I should be at work as I have so many things to do there... (i won't think about it anymore...)

mirella said:
Thanks girls,

feeling a lot better today. The doctors did not know what it was but Charlotte, you must be right, the baby keeps changing position all the time so maybe it was the way she was laying!!!! don't want it to happen again though....

having a rest at home today. but feeling I should be at work as I have so many things to do there... (i won't think about it anymore...)

glad ur feeling better sweetie!!!

dont think about work!!!!!! try and relax darl :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im a fainter even when not pregnant and even tho I pass out alot it still scares the poop outta me. Ive had a few moment since pregnant where I have felt like I was going to pass out and have just sat back down or lay down and had myself some chill time. I find I get hot more since been pregnant which also makes me feel faint.

When I talked to my midwife about it she said it prob a sudden change in body temp and or Blood Pressure??

pleased your feeling better now tho darling and make sure ya dont over heat yourself and relax xxx

Oh you poor thing well im glad all is well in the end just take good care of urself and im sure and certain your OH was scared stiff. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:

what a scary thing for you and you oh!

I had something similar on Friday last week although i didnt actually black out. I was at the hairdressers getting my hair cut and dried. She was drying it and i had to ask her to stop as i thought i was gonna pass out! It was horrible and i think it was the heat in the salon with the added heat from the hairdryer!

Glad you are feeling better now though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back