Running out of ideas, please help.

TORino

Reaction score
I'm getting stuck for ideas of what to feed T bag for lunch and she's getting lots of wheat /bread things which I want to avoid if I can because I'm sensitive to bread and I don't want to create that in her.

Can you post what you have been feeding your baby or some recipe ideas?

Thanks!

Me too!! I'm beginning to worry that Evie Will only eat meals where there's cheese involved! I grabbed some ideas off the what food thread that nurse did further down. Maybe we should start a meal ideas sticky for the top of the page? Just ask people to list meals they are giving so we can swap and share?

Me too!! I'm beginning to worry that Evie Will only eat meals where there's cheese involved! I grabbed some ideas off the what food thread that nurse did further down. Maybe we should start a meal ideas sticky for the top of the page? Just ask people to list meals they are giving so we can swap and share?

Great idea !!

A soup maybe made with chicken and veggies? Apple and carrot? Veggie sticks?
Pumpkin, sweet potato sticks?
Pumpkin soup?
Yogurt with fruit?
Cottage cheese with fruit?

baked spud
fruit salad
omelette
crackers n cheese
rice pudding
noodles

Thank you ladies.

She gets on a regular basis:
Crumpets
Toast fingers with cheese spread
Jacket with cheese/beans
Sticks of fruit
Sticks of parsnip/sweet potato/carrot/broccoli (usually give these for dinner too)
Bananas
Fruit pots
Omelettes/scrambled eggs

I'm torn with the whole letting her feed herself stuff and variety lol.

I must admit though the finger foods have brought on her fine motor skills loads.

Do you ladies make anything with rice? As in normal adult white rice?

Rice and veg, sweet potato wedges, tomato soup, butternut squash soup, lentils. Peas, potatoes and cot are a big hit. You can make fish cakes which is easy to pick up.
Meatballs are nice too with sauce

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Risotto is a hit with our LO and if you have some left over you can make them into arancini the next day - although you do use breadcrumbs for them so you may not want to. We also have chilli with rice, and meat and veg with rice. My LO also likes couscous. We are doing BLW and he has been able to pick these things up for a couple of months now, I just make sure I don't fully break it apart x

we got some of that baby pasta from boots and he loves it, could mix it with lots of different things, harry loves spag bol so i make that and mix with pasta, easy to freeze sauce to mix in with fresh pasta. also someone suggested mixing tuna with it.

sweetcorn has also been a huge hit here, i mix with roast chicken.

Normal pasta is just as good and cheaper than the baby stuff... If you are blw its also easier for lo to pick up x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe try rice noodles etc if.you want to.avoid wheat?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

You could introduce gluten free pasta and bread. It's a little more expensive but the doves farm organic stuff from Tesco is the closest tasting to normal, it just tastes lighter, if that makes sense. The gluten free genius bread is great too.

Or make your own bread with the wheat free flour if buying is too expensive.

We have gotten a fair bit of Idea's off the Sainsbury's Little Ones site. Though just use our own brands and not always Sainsbury's ones as they sometimes state.

bubble and squeak, cheesy lentil cakes, brocoli and cheese muffins, fish cakes and annabel karmel does a great reciepe for veggie burgers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back