Rude Consultant

yorksmummy

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here for a while but I really need to rant.
I saw the consultant today having been referred to him my the midwife for measuring 4 weeks big.
He was quite rough (as they are) and squashed me as much as he could and still measured me 3 weeks big. I am overweight and have been the same for my previous pregnacies and never measured big with them (and I am the same clothes size), but he grabbed my "extra bit" on my belly, kind of shook it, and said I was measuring big because of that. He then felt baby and said it felt a good size baby (I assume this means bigger than average) and said I have a history of big babies so its fine for 32 weeks. (previous babies were 8 and a half pounds). Then filling in my notes said there was no point in putting in a fundal measurement for "me" and said he'd put 32 weeks as baby is fine and he'd be more concerned if it was measuring small.
Fair enough I am over weight but I feel rather offended and fobbed off so he could just send me back to community care without having to do anything else.
Well done if you've read it all. x

Last edited:
Omg! What a penis! I'd ask for a second opinion and complain. That's a completely inapprpriate manner with which to talk to anyone!!!!!! Never mind someone who may be worried about Something x

That's out of order. I would complain too - no way to treat people at all:mad:

OMG poor you he sounds like a bit of a twat, I had exactly the same appt as u today but my consultant was much nicer, mw saw me yesterday told me I was measuring 34 wks which was big and I was likely having a monster baby, I wasn't impressed with that, even wen I explained my tummy was big before I got pregnant so the extra cm's were likely me not baby, she still got me an apt for today at the hospital, saw the consultant and he was lovely, very rough like yours he really pushed down on my pubic bone and prodded quite hard, he got me measured 33 wks and said it was fine and nothing to worry about and he thought baby was perfectly normal, but instead of fobbing me off he's sent me for a growth scan on 10th Aug just to check and put my mind at ease. He was very diplomatic about my size, so I didn't feel offended at all, if he'd grabbed a handful and shook it like yours did I'd have slapped him how dare yours do that, I would def complain if I were you x

How rude! The guy is a twat! How unprofessional to 'handle' you like that! Think you have every right to be pissed off! You should have grabbed his belly and shook it and then he'd see how he likes it! Knob!

Thanks ladies, I am not going to complain but I am going to tell the midwife, when I next see her, that if I have to be referred to the consultant again then I refuse to see him as his bedside manner is somewhat lacking. I was never worried about having a big baby and realised that some of it was due to excess me but I am annoyed that he measured me 3 weeks big after squashing everything considerably and he's just dismissed it, he doesn't know for sure that it is 100% due to my size. My DH was with me and I think he was a bit lost for words but said afterwards he was just a knob head and was clearly surprised to find I was still measuring big even after squashing me so just gave himself an out so he didn't have to bother with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back