Ruby Scotter 24.01.2012

16 weeks and 2 days

Ruby had her needles yesterday and so far I have noticed no change in her behaviour . We had a lovely day today , we took ruby to Stanley park and sat on the seats near the lake watching the ducks and ruby was chatting away to herself .

X

I have decided that I need to get ruby to start having her naps in her crib . I normally rock ruby to sleep and leave her in my arms but this isn't practical and also with ruby going to nursery in September I need her to self settle. I placed her in the crib around half 12 and it was a nightmare to be honest she refused point blank to sleep , you could see she was tired as she kept yawning . I gave her a dummy , sang to her , stroked her cheek and she was still wide away after just over an hour a picked her up and she was asleep in my arms within seconds . Normally I would have kept her in my arms but I decided to lay her in the crib and she stayed asleep for 30 mins . About 4pm I am going to try and put her down for another map hopefully this time she will self settle

Xxx

Had a terrible night with ruby last night she had her last feed at round 8 and was in bed asleep by about 9:15. Between then and ten she woke up twice and between ten and eleven she woke up . She then woke again at 2 and around 5 and again at 6 . I feel like her sleeping is getting worst he began sleeping through but all of a sudden she has decided to wake up and to be honest I really don't know what to do.

Also her naps are getting worst she would normally have 3 naps a day but she has dropped one and isn't even napping that long .

I know things will get better and she will eventually start sleeping through again when she is ready but I feel like my 4 month old had gone back to being a new born of a night

I have finally made some progress with Ruby's naps . Her first nap was in her pram at 12 for about 40 mins and her 2 nap I took her up to her crib at 3 and she finally self settled at 3:30 .

Xxx

Thanks hun . I know it's scary how quick they grow it feels like just yesterday that I was on my way to the hospital for my induction . X

17 weeks

i have had a busy few days i went back into work on monday to disscuss my hours when i go back,we have decided that i will go back 3 days a week ( monday , thursday and friday ). Ruby will be in nursery one day a week and the other two days both my mum and sister will look after her.
i also went to view a nursery on monday and i was really impressed, dont get me wrong no nursery or childminder will be good enough in my eyes but i felt alot more relaxed they even let me stay for a while and just observe which was fab .
i ended up going back to the nursery today as the places are filling up fast so i have booked rubys place and she is due to start on the 3rd of september.
before she starts they do 3 one hour sesions each day to settle her in . on the first session i will stay in the baby room with ruby so she can see me while the staff look after her. the 2nd session i stay in the building but not in the same room as ruby and on the 3rd session i have to leave her for an hour.
also her cot is finally comming tomorrow i can not wait , she keeps waking herelf up in her crib throwing her arms about.

today i also made progress with her naps , her first nap again was in her pram as we were out and her 2nd nap i put her down about half 2 and she was messing about yapping to herself ETC she eventually setteled herseld after about 30 mins .i just hope this continues.

xxx

Tonight ruby is sleeping in her cot for the first time x

I am just laying here with ruby having cuddles and I just feel so happy . I am truly blessed I love my little girl so much I can't even put it in to words I know this sounds cheesy but just had to say it lol x

17 weeks and 4 days

I had a brilliant day today me and my OH took ruby yo Sefton park for the day as the weather has been lovely . Ruby was covered in factor 50 and so was I and I burnt . We took a big blanket to lay on and a huge umbrella to use for shade but we didn't need it as we say under a tree by the lake and ruby fell asleep there .

I have started weaning ruby as she is a very hungry baby her favourite at the min is mango and she also loves butternut squash.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338062327.913134.jpg

i cant believe my baby girl is 19 weeks old tomorrow - she has been really ill the past few days we took her to a walk in centre and they confirmed she had a viral infection. All of her throat and her ears are inflamed. The only thing i can give her is capol.

with her being unwell her sleeping pattern is all over the place and she is refusing to sleep in her cot. The only way she will settle is on my chest or in my bed .

xxx

My baby is 19 weeks can't believe it .

I have just put her in her cot for a nap to get her to self settle lets see how long it takes it's now 13;36 x

It's now 14:08 and she is still wide awake in her cot x

14:25 I had to pick ruby up as she was getting ratty and as soon as she was in my arms she got a massive burp up and he eyes closed lol . I put her straight back down in the cot thou x

Omg ruby self setteled for her afternoon nap , I can't believe it I put her in her cot and within 5 mons she was snoring . I hope this continues xxx

Oh my godrubyhas actually had a nap for longer than 30 mins lol , she's been asleep in her pram for nearly an hour now x

5 months and 2 days

My poor baby has been so I'll , I took her the walk in centre over a week ago and they said she had a viral infection. I ended up going back yesterday as I felt she was no better and they said the same and carry on giving her capol. Well today I rang my doctors and demanded an appointment and they said she has thrush and can't understand how the staff at the walk in centre missed this . Finally she is on medication to help clear the thrush up .

Ruby has also been siting up on her own for about 60 seconds and she will then flop to one side, am trying to encourage her each day to sit up and she loves it as she is so nosey and loves looking round.

Xxxx

Well it was my OH first fathers day today and to be honest we didn't do much as where abit skint , but we took ruby to the park and fed the ducks ( she kept trying to eat the bread) . She has also has 3 naps today which is unusual for her as she normally only has 2.

After being ill for over a week she finally seems to be getting better .

Xxx

Last edited:
21 weeks .

Firstly I need to sort my ticker out its showing ruby is a few weeks younger than she is.

We have had a bad few nights with her and also trying to get her to nap is difficult , am losing the will to live TBH . People keep saying it gets better but truth be told its not it's getting harder. She hardly maps , earlier this week she had one40 min nap all day . I just don't know what a doing wrong . I will get a lie in tomorrow as OH is off work so hopefully an extra few hrs in bed will make me feel better xxx

not updated this for a few weeks as ruby has been a devil child lol. i have had a really bad time trying to get her to nap during the day it was that bad at one point she only had one nap all day . a few people suggested putting her down for naps earlier which i have been doing at touch wood it seems to be working at the moment. For the past 3 days i have managed to get her to nap in her cot of a morning, she didnt self settle i had to stroke her cheeck but it was progress actually getting her to sleep and also to sleep in the cot . around 2 nights ago at bedtime she also self setteled by herself which made me so proud.

in terms of her development she is comming along great she is rolling over all the time now and looks like she is trying to do a sniper crawl. She still can not sit unaided for long periods of time , i think the longest is about a minute but she will get there.

i have also began to give her some finger foods, at the min she has had toast , egg and broccoli . i think broccoli is her fav as she finds it easier to hold .

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back