Ruby Redhead???

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
My OH and his family have ginger in their hair, OHs grandad and both uncles have really ginger hair, his mum doesnt have ginger hair but him and his brother both have a ginger 'tint' to their hair, his brother's daughter has blonde hair (like OHs mum!)

anyway - we have picked the name Ruby for our daughter but my mum said the other day if she came out ginger we cant call her that because it will be cruel and she will be called Ruby Redhead

its really upset me now and worried me because i just cant imagine calling her anything else but Ruby

What do you girls think?!? :D

i think thats silly tbh coz well what if she comes out bald you wouldnt know :lol:. Plus kids can come up with silly nicknames whatever their name is, doesnt mean u shouldnt pick a name becoz of the possibility

I think its beautiful

As the mother of a ginger (i have brown hair and so did the sperm doner so god knows where it comes from) i wouldnt care.

Cameron embrases his Gingerness and is called the Ginga Ninja at school as he does Karate.
He doesnt care about name calling and tells anyone who slags him off they are idiots.
He also loves the fact that everyone knows who he is because he looks different.

And personally i think Ruby with the Ruby couloured hair is lovely.

i think ruby redhead is cute and to be honest she will get called alsorts of things being red anyway, i have 3 redheads and love it :D

Ummm if you don't have the redhead gene on your side of the family then your baby should not be born with red hair anyways. You need to carry it also to have a red headed baby.

If a person does not carry the gene but their OH does then the baby will carry the gene :) Then if/when she/he has children if both carry the gene they can have a red head baby. If not born with red hair will still have the gene.

Hope that makes sense :)

My OH has red hair but no one on my side does, nor has anyone in my Mums direct family have red hair or had children with a red head to be a gene carrier. Our son was born with a mop of black hair but should carry the red head gene :)

Nobody in my family has red hair, must be a throw back to some distant relative, or my mums not telling me something

Evie was going to be a Ruby but she just didn't look like one :D

TBH if your ginger you'll get kids teasing you no matter what your name is so Ruby Redhead would save the using carrot top or gingernut!

Evie's gingery but so was OH when he was a bub and he's now light blonde.

I think its lovely !! lot worse things to be called than ruby redhead whether your ginger or not !!

Plus i think ruby redhead sounds cute, like cartoon character or dolly !

Aw Ruby Redhead is so cute :D Stick with the name you want hun, its lovely :D

I think if she was a redhead then it would be lovely! I like the name Ruby but a Ruby with redhair would just be really sweet.

I agree. I love the name Ruby but it'd be even cuter if she was a redhead.

I agree! Ruby is a beautiful name and Ruby Redhead is too cute!! :D Dont worry about it hun! :hug:

ryan redhead :(

i don't care, *i* think he's cool :shakehead:

pick the name hun, a name's not going to make a difference in that scenario and if you've liked it all along it seems a shame to change it for that reason x

I think its lovely. I have two red heads, the red is on my husbands side of the family (apparently is dominent??) I have reeally dark brown hair, the rest of my family are mousey brown.
Anyhow Ruby for a girl is really pretty especially if she has red hair :hug:

I actually think Ruby Redhead has such a cute ring to it. A red headed girl called Ruby is genius! I love it, so sweet :D

That would be my prefered name too!
To be honest if she gets called Ruby Redhead and that's it she'll be doing ok, you know what kids are like, plus it's kind of a nick name to be proud of, yes I'm Ruby Redhead what of it?! :dance: I would go with the name :wave:

I have red hair and i love it i think it marks us out as individuals and thats cool why be boring and look the same as others red hairs means bright and vital and alive to me kids just pick on the colour because they our jealous they dont have such a beautiful colour to be proud of
i had the name sarah jane and i was picked on for that to be honest kids use diffrent things as a way of being mean.

Ruby is a lovely name :D 8) and you keep it i had people trying to put me off Colliers name but i took no notice and he is Collier and im proud of the name and him
so you take no notice and keep the name she is Ruby in your heart so therefore that should be her name :hug:

I think the name Ruby is ESPECIALLY lovely for a redhead! :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back