routine for a 6 week old?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
atm my routine with poppy in the evening is shell sleep downstairs in her moses basket till around 11-12 pm, have a bottle then co sleep with me till 4am, have a bottle then sleep till about 8am in bed with me.

she cluster feeds in the evening and has quite a few snacky bottles and is awake or grizzly quite a bit.

I really want to get her into her own bed to sleep and not with me and also into a proper routine.

any advice on how to do this?
is she too young to go upstairs to sleep now while im downstairs if i have a baby moniter?

I put Charley into a 7.30pm bedtime routine at 4 weeks and he's fine. Your prob find she's grizzly cos she wants to go to bed earlier.
Maybe to start off with slowly bring her bedtime earlier so she's not going straight from 12am to an early bedtime. Shorten the time she goes to bed every couple of days.
Stick to the same routine every night too so she knows it's bedtime.
I'm not sure about co sleeping but if she doesn't like the change just stick to it, she will get used to sleeping in her cot.
Good luck x x

It was when Lizzie was 6 weeks that we started letting her go to sleep by herself - we would put her in her carrycot awake and let her learn to go to sleep without rocking etc. Then we took the carrycot upstairs (with her asleep) when we wanted to go to bed.
When she was about 8 weeks she was really great at settling herself so we started putting her upstairs and *touch wood* she's been brilliant, she goes up at 9 and I hardly ever have to go up again. If I do it's just to replace her dummy lol.

Because you've been co-sleeping I would say take it really slowly and keep her in the same room as you for a while but without being right up close to her. If you suddenly move her upstairs in her own bed and without you all in one go she might not like the sudden change? Up to you though hun :)

I've found that doing things gradually and in stages has worked really well. G was in a Moses basket in my room until 6 weeks then started putting his basket on top of his cot bed in his room for the last bit of the night for a couple of nights, then the whole night for a few nights then into the bed properly and he's happy in there. Just take it slow and steady moving her would be my advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back