Rough birth plan

MrsR

Reaction score
This is just a rough version as I don't know if it'll be a yes for home birth yet. Might be a long read though. Well here goes-

My birthing partner is my boyfriend R*******
We are expecting a little boy who will be called Sebastian Alexander.
I would like to give birth at home if possible.
I do not want to be induced unless there is a problem with me or my baby.
I will be using the natal hypnotherapy techniques I have been practising to control my pain.
If necessary I will request entinox as additional pain relief, please do not offer it to me, if I feel I need it then I will ask R******** to request it.
R******* is fully informed of what I would and would not like to happen and I would prefer for you to address him with any suggestions. He will then ask you 'is my partner or baby in danger?' please answer this honestly. He may then ask you more in depth questions and we would like to be left alone to make the decision if this is possible.
I would like to keep any examinations to an absolute minimum and only want to be told how dilated I am when I am 9cm or more.
I would like to keep the room I am labouring in (planning on lounge but this might change depending on how feel in labour) candle lit and quiet. I will be playing the hypnotherapy music cd to help with my hypnosis.
I would like to keep my labour as private as possible, just me and R******, and I would prefer if you would knock on the door before coming into the room.
Please don't offer me pain relief, especially drugs (can not for the life of me remember the name of the drug they can issue at home), if I feel I need anything I will ask for entinox.
I don't want any drugs as I don't like the effect they have on me and I want to keep the birth as natural as possible.
I do not want an episiotomy.
I would like the chance to change positions as I feel necessary.
R****** would like to cut the cord and would like the opportunity to observe baby being born but please do not encourage or suggest he do this, if he wants to then he will.
I would like R****** to pass baby to me for immediate skin to skin if possible.
We would like some quiet time together with baby as soon as possible after the birth.
I am happy for baby to have vitamin K injection.
I don't want the injection to deliver the placenta unless absolutely necessary.

So what do you guys think? Sorry it's so long! x I am going to put in a contigency plan for if I have to transfer to hospital but thought I'd skip that bit for now! Don't wanna tire you out! Lol x

aww i like how natural u want it all, calm and peacefull, i love it!!

good luck with it hon :)

xxx

:thumbup:i think its a great birth plan hun, need to get round to writing mine soon as will be tri three next week:shock:

great birth plan helen, It just so funny when I read yours how different I am to you in labour I keeped saying to the m/w do you need to check me again to see how far dilated I am and everytime the m/w left the room for more the 15mins I was like wheres she gone I need her to come back lol.

Lol Lanny, I like to be left to it! I think it's great how everyone is different x

I think its great Helen, we're going to do hypnobirthing for ours and my plan is very similar, even though we are going to have our baby in the hospital. Have you thought about when you want the cord cut? Straight away or do you want to leave it for a few mins to stop pulsating?

I dunno really because I want baby immediatly if possible-will I be able to do that and wait for cord to stop pulsing or will I have to wait until it's cut to reach? You'd never think I'd done this before would you?! Lol x

It'll reach, if it's a bit short you might not be able to hold him high up on your chest but you'll definitely get him on your belly at least, then wait a bit and then get it cut. It only takes a couple of minutes apparently.

I've never done it before but discussed it lots with mw and hypnobirthing pracitioner. You can also get the shot to help deliver the placenta after all this as well if you wanted.

Obviously if the cord is round it's neck or anything they may need to cut it immediately anyway.

Aw cool think I'll add that in too then! Thanks for that! I don't really want the injection so not a problem there x

Very well planned! God mines going to be like "do whatever necessary" lol x

That is a really nice birthplan hun. I like how natural you want it! Im the complete opposite, if my mw disapears id panic because im such a worrier!! I do agree on the not being told how far dialated you are til 9cm, how depressin is it when they say 'oh your only 5cm' !!! I think i may steal your idea and mention it to the mw who delivers me :D xx

Glad I've inspired you beth! x thanks guys, still needs tweaking but not much! x

Helen is Pethadine you are thinking about drug wise?
Very organised hun :)

Helen is Pethadine you are thinking about drug wise?
Very organised hun :)

Preferably I don't want anything but the drug my mw mentioned they can give at home began with an m-not morphine-but can not recall it at all!!!!

sounds good to me hun! good luck with everything - can't wait for your little bubs to make an entrance...xxx

Very organized mrs :) Sounds great.. I'm too laid back to have had a birth plan :lol: I just wanted to go with the flow.. Although I might do one next time now I know what happens when in labour :) xx

Last edited:
Very organized mrs :) Sounds great.. I'm too laid back to have had a birth plan :lol: I just wanted to go with the flow.. Although I might do one next time now I know what happens when in labour :) xx

I didn't have one first time round and usually I'm pretty laid back but because it's so specific what I want to help minimise adrenaline and keep me at optimum relaxation I felt the need this time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back