Room for a nervous mummy?

Lillybay

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just found out on Saturday I was pregnant at 9dpo! After 6 tests including 2 digitals I finally believe I'm pregnant lol. So I am 4 weeks today and have a feeling I will be around a lot with all the questions flying through my mind. I have a son who will be 10 in September so this is baby no 2 :) I am going to phone doctors tomorrow.. Should I book an appointment or just inform reception I am pregnant and if it's an appointment what does it entail? ( I know I've done it all before but I feel like a nervous first time mummy as it was sooo long ago lol)

Look forward to getting to "know" you all x x

Huge congratulations!! I called the reception and they booked me an appointment for when I'm about 8 weeks :)

Hi Lillybay, congratulations on your BFP :) I think I am a couple of weeks ahead of you. I found out I was pregnant on the friday and phoned my surgery Monday to book an appointment with the doctor. The earliest appt was on the Friday so I saw my GP a week after getting my BFP. Looking forward to chatting with you in Tri 1 xxx

Congratulations Hun, all doctors are different but the receptionist should be able to help x

Thanks very much everyone, huge congratulations to you all too! I will give my doctors a call in the morning and see what they say. I am going abroad for 2 weeks on the 9th of July so by the time I get back I will be 8 weeks :) x x

Hi there a massive congrats first off and yup ring your docs they will point you in the right direction. Mine just give you the number for the midwife at my Dcs and she books you around 8 weeks. Xxx

Thank you.. That's great, will fly in till 8 weeks then due to the holiday x

Thanks nicky, I see I am a week behind you and looking at your ticker I can't believe vocal cords are forming already!makes it all so real x

i know!! its crazy - too think my little beans heart is beating already!!! its amazing!!

xx

It sure is... I just can't wait to have a scan and see it for myself x

i know - we get an early scan due to the increased chance of twins as i was on clomid for PCOS! so will be having that in the next couple of weeks!! very excited but also very nervous!! xx

Oh twins?! That would be exciting eh? I was thinking of pain for a private early scan just for reassurance but haven't decided yet. X x

I keep looking at my ticker too and get so excited to see my baby's development! My baby now has a heartbeat wow :) it's so amazing when they are soooooo tiny!

I really really want to pay for a private scan just to confirm baby is where it should be and everything is ok but holding out for now. I do keep changing my mind every day though lol :) Also, being an older mum there is a higher chance of twins, hw amazing would that be!! My OH is a twin o he would be thrilled :)

I keep looking at my ticker too and get so excited to see my baby's development! My baby now has a heartbeat wow :) it's so amazing when they are soooooo tiny!

I really really want to pay for a private scan just to confirm baby is where it should be and everything is ok but holding out for now. I do keep changing my mind every day though lol :) Also, being an older mum there is a higher chance of twins, hw amazing would that be!! My OH is a twin o he would be thrilled :)

I know, as they are so tiny it's hard to believe there is a wee heartbeat etc! I will decide over the next week or so if I will have an early scan but think it would be worth it :) imagine going and seeing 2 little heartbeats! How amazing. Do you " feel" like it may be twins? X x

I'm so nervous about going for the early scan! I hate things that are out of my control!! Lol!! Really want my little bean to be ok xxx

I am the same but thats why I am considering an early one, so I am not so anxious till my 12 week one x

I know, as they are so tiny it's hard to believe there is a wee heartbeat etc! I will decide over the next week or so if I will have an early scan but think it would be worth it :) imagine going and seeing 2 little heartbeats! How amazing. Do you " feel" like it may be twins? X x

I don't know how I feel tbh! This is my 1st pregnancy So I don't have anything to compare it with - but I am already very bloated and feel I am much bigger than I should be this early on. It's probably more to do with my love of chocolate biscuits than being pregnant though lol :lol: twins would be fab but if it's only one baby as long as its healthy I'm happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back