RMC - Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic

leean10

Reaction score
OK, I called London today (instructions from my Consultant here) and got an appointment for 23rd July to find out why my babies keep dying at a certain stage.

I was there last year and was told I had a blood clotting condition but even with the Heparin, Aspirin & Cyclogest my last pregnancy (2 weeks ago) ended in a mmc!! Hopefully this time will mean I get a few more answers x

I hope they find the answer for you hun!

Fingers and toes crossed

xxxxxx

So do I.

I can get pregnant so easily so that itself isn't an issue, its keeping the pregnancies that I am having a problem with xx

Gd luck leeann hope u get some more answers x

goodluck hope you get some answers hun, its such a long process but be positive you will get your happy ending

Thank you!! It's so nerve racking the thought of being told that I can't possibly have children!!

I need to get answers though, it's all getting too much x

Hope you get some answers hun. It's not too long to wait.

Good luck hun, so sorry youve had to go through this 6 times. I reckon ul
Get ur baby next time! Try an keep a lil bit of hope ... I know thats So hard to do.
Ive seen a few posts about rmc, im confused , ive been referred by my gp to the gynaecologists at my hospital an had a appointment were they did chromosome an lotsa of diff blood tests, an il go back again soon. So im thinkin rmc is something different? Is that after youve had a certain amount of losses ... Sorry i jus wondered xxxxxxx

I had 3 losses then I was referred to London. I got pregnant again before I got my letter through but had an early mc so that made 4 before I got any dates. They did loads of blood tests, a scan of my womb etc and then found that I have a blood clotting disorder which means I need to be on blood thinning drugs when I get pregnant now. I was using all of that as well as Cyclogest this time but it still ended in my babies hb stopping at 8 weeks. I need to know why now :-( x

I hope you get answers. My clinic was awful, it was held in the antenatal scan area so I had to watch joyous couples coming out clutching 12 and 20 week scan photos. The consultant ordered a load of blood tests and then said they have no idea why I'm miscarrying at 11 weeks and basically "see you later, bye"
I would encourage you to keep asking and don't be fobbed off. I wish I had said something. Xx

Oh I want answers, I'm not going to be fobbed off!! I want to know why my babies are dying x

I hope you get some answers dont give up hope I had 5 miscarriages and am currently now just just over 37 weeks pregnant with my little miracle. They found out I have a blood clotting problem after my 4 mc I then went on some med for my 5 pregnancy but that still eneded in mc but fingers crossed this one seems to be my mircal. For this one I had been on high does folic acid for a good few months before getting pregnant and stayed on high does till 12 weeks I have been having daily injections of clexane since day of bfp and for 14 weeks was on a weekly injection which I can't think now of top of my head what it was called ill will find out for you tho. Its really hard but try not to give up fingers crossed for you. Wishing you lots of luck xx

I have to be on daily injections of Clexane from day of BFP and then also on Cyclogest each day as well. I was also prescribed high dose folic acid for this pregnancy but something stopped the heart at 8 weeks which is the furthest I have got so far.

I am hoping it will work for me one day x

Fx you get answers and a good plan for your next pregnancy hun. This time may have been unrelated to your condition as mc are common for many reasons so maybe the treatment was working, if you see what I mean.. Hope time goes quick for you xxx

Thanks hon, I am just struggling to keep it altogether but I guess I have to try!!

I hope next time is my turn x

Are you going back to st marys? I think the hardest part of this is that most of the time there are no answers. I still think the starting the meds after ov is the right track. Those 10 -14 days can make all the difference. Are you going to wait to see them before ttc again?

Last edited:
Hi hon, yes I am going back to St Mary's and I am to take the Histology report (whatever that is) with me!!

It is hard not knowing what has gone wrong but hopefully they might be able to tell me something and put my mind at rest xx

The histology is the tissue from your erpc, they will look for signs of inflammatory cells (which could mean you need prednisolone, a type of steroid next time), and the chromosomes of the baby.

My results from my last erpc got messed up as it was over xmas. I was devastated at the time, but since then read that often the histology etc doesn't help much.

Interestingly re:steroids, there is a consultant called Mr Shehata based in Epsom Hospital who does a RMC clinic. He has an interest in natural killer cells and steroids. He does do private sessions too in most of the local private hospitals. This was going to be my next stop. I don't know if you can get referred on the nhs from where you are.

I read a great book called "Is your body baby friendly" which goes into a lot of detail, but is hugely helpful understanding what to ask about/for when you get there. The other thing about rmc is that there are a handful of "experts" worldwide, none of whom agree on what the solution is, or even the way to go about testing. St Mary's have a strong "TLC" policy, which means they think the best management is to support women with advice/scans etc rather than any active treatment.

Last edited:
Any help I can get will be welcome!!

I may ask to be referred because all I want is a baby of my own and it's clear I can get pregnant and see a hb etc so it must be feasible to have a viable pregnancy!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back