rite i need ur help

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
u guys are my familys referee so please decide my way lol
i brought Braydon this car seat in aug last yr http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core
just for short journeys like to the zoo wen were only in the car for 10 mins and for our spare care so wen mum has him and im at footy they can go out
well ne way its been getting really tight recently and i have tried sorting it out but couldnt so i asked my dad to look yest and he could not make it ne bigger then we noticed a sticker that says u only use the 5 point harness till up to a certain weight (cant remember now) but Braydon seems to have hit it, so obviously dont fit, now he is meant to get rid of the 5 point harness and use the car seat belt with it
i really font feel comfortable with doing this and im sure its not safe my dad says to just fit him in even tho ur really shoving around etc and i think its slightly dangerous and iv sed ill buy a new car seat that he can have a 5 point harness for a lot longer so he is safe, i know it wont be cheap but i think itll be safer
wot do u think

im sure it would be against the law to only have a belt around him :? not syre???
but Dior stil has the 5point round her i feel she would be to young for a belt

Personally I would buy a new car seat too. He would easily be able to climb out of a normal seat belt, plus the best thing for safety anyway is to have a 5 point harness for as long as possible, eg 3-4 years minimum.

Buy a new one. Josh is almost 4 and he has a Britax 5 point one which he still fits in comfortably.

When it comes to car seats I think its worth getting the best one you can, it could make alot of difference if something were to happen :)

those straps are meant to fit up to a four year old, ella has that one and its still got loads of adjusting left, braydon must be a big boy!

All the carseats without straps say they must be 4 to have a seatbelt.

Maybe take it into mothercare and explain the situation as that seat with the straps should be suitable until they are 4

definatly take it into mothercare!!!! Thats not right, are you sure the extender is not actually behind the cover?

Bring it back there must be a fault with it your baby's not even 2 yet and it should definitely still fit him.

he is about 30 lb in weight now so is not a small kid
iv had all the cover off

it says in the manual that the stage one is for 9m to 4 yrs 9 to 18kg.

Some thing doesnt sound right, personally i would check that you have it set up properly, if you go to a fire station they will usually check that you have it installed right, or go to mothercare or halfords and they will do this too.

The car seat is supposed to do up till 11yrs, have you got the straps on the heighest setting?

30lb is only 13kg so he should have loads of room, its best not to put too bulky clothes on them in a car seat as it stops the seat working correctly, it is best to put less clothes on and cover with a couple of blankets/fleeces.

I'd get it checked as something doesnt sound right.

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
how much does ella weigh hope u dont mind me asking

Ella weighs 24lbs but she as others say it should fit them until they are 18kgs with the straps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back