need ur advice please

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
as most of u know Braydon is asthmatic, i want to paint his room do the whole bit rubbing down etc painting
while we are doing it B will be in his travel cot in my room and ill be in his, the thing i need ur advice on is how long after should i leave him in my room for wen iv finished painting etc?
ill have his window open wen working in there to let fumes etc out?

I'd always leave it a couple of days hon but Dulux (or is it Crown) do a range of paints called Breatheasy which are low-fume. You could try one of those to be sure?

im sure i read somewhere if you use an organic paint, you don't even have to wait to put a newborn in the same room.........

but then i could be taking a load of rubbish. :think:

We used regular Dulux paints on Sunday (28th) to make a start on our nursery. I went in there earlier and it still stinks of paint (windows half open to vent the room, they have been since painting started). It's not the heavy wet paint smell just still painty though.....I'd not put a newborn in there yet so thats 3+ days of venting it!! DH is doing the glossing this coming weekend so another day of fumes and airing ahead - I'll let you know how long that stinks for!! All in all if baby were here now I'd probably leave it almost 2 weeks really, but like Minxy said you can get low-fume paints now....and the organic paint sounds brillient. Luckily we have another 5 months to air the nursery I'm sure it will be paint free smelling by then! :rotfl:

its crown , i know cos i work for them lol we do a breatheasy range (infact most of our paints are ) its not very smelly at all and would deffo help with fumes ! what sanding are u doing ? as we have a products that u dont need sand paper too ? (so no dust )

im going away (funny enough for work) for 2 nights tho so if u need any help ill be back friday ngiht

my DH painte dour nursery last week it was the gloss that held the fumes more than the paint itself.

we will be sanding the window cill its a big one and door

im just worried bout his chest bless him

there's a product we do called internation easy sand , its liquid , it keys the area like sand paper does so if thats the job u need doing that would be good ,

if it flaky paint , then yeh u wll need to sand :(

and for the wood work dont use gloss , use eggshell or satin wood , make sure it says clean brushes with water , it make sure the paint is water based ( may say quick drying on tin) and its much less smelly , crown also do breatheasy satinwood that is even less smelly then most other water based trim paints (for doors / windows / shelves and rads)

any more questions please feel free to pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back