risk.assessment at work????

Aimee lou

Reaction score
can anyone help pls xx i am an hairdresser so have long days on my feet all week.in wrk... we dont have set breaks but since finding out me an anothr girl are pregnant were given a 45 min dinner break. we have both mentioned risk assesment to our manager but weve not been taken seriously at all. our staff room has 3 seats to sit on amd we have 8 staff so cant always sit down and our colour statipn wer we mix the tints ( chemicals) is in the staff room wer we eat!!! only one toilet up a spiral staircase which is gonna be a struggle wen were bigger. we have a toilet downstairs out of use!!! wat do i ddo as am on the brink of throwing a wobbler x

xxxxxx
ps i am nrly 15 wks and my colleague is 20 wks x

That certainly doesn't sound ideal for pregnant ladies! Your employer has a responsibility to carry out this risk assessment and to act on it. I think if she doesnt take you seriously you can get help from the Health and Safety executive, I have icluded a link below with some advice about pregnant women and work. Hope this helps :)

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/pregnancy.htm

thank u xxx tbh if health and safety came in our shop it would gt shut dwn!!!! just puts u offgoing to wrk x

Maybe just mentioning this to your boss might give her a kick up the backside?? It might just scare her into doing something if she thinks you are going to take it further. Good luck :)

thank u xxx tbh if health and safety came in our shop it would gt shut dwn!!!! just puts u offgoing to wrk x

Sounds like my work hun. My boss doesn't give a toss! :wall2:

Hope you get sorted xxx

no dont give a toss at all its awful cos stood uip all day and feet back and legs.kill n been basically told to gt on with it ur pregnant not ill. the other girl whos pregnant has had a long stint in hospital as she had a massive bleed due to a blood sac formed in her womb....was very poorly and gave strict instruction to.take care and take it easy in wrk due to wats happened this was explained to boss and the say she came back.to work she was completlty booked up all day!!! no break nothing..... not good at all x

How awaful :mad: Do not put your or your baby's health at risk though, if at any point you feel that your health is being compromised you must report this, it's just not worth it hun. Good luck :)

Crikey, I'd definitely be threatening them with h&s officials
I'm also on feet all day, my boss came to see me the day after I told him and did a RA, told me to sit down when I needed, get away from heat when I needed and banned me from lifting or moving anything over 5kg (which is hard to avoid in my job!)
If anything happened to you now then they would be in big trouble

i no ..... im fed up with it now tbh. everything just seems to be ignored xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back