rise in inductions

Tegala-7thMarch08

Reaction score
ive noticed alot of ladies on here had to resort to an induction either for heath reasons or due to late baby... i was just really interested to see if my calcutations(sp) are right... most have ended up with an induction or had some assitance to help labour come(aka sweep ect.) just a random poll u dont have to click hehe

if this has been done before just ignore the post ill get the message and soon will deleted the thread :D

i'd be interested to know this too... i really don't want to be induced cos it would put paid to my plans to go to the maternity unit rather than the labour ward... it certainly seems like a lot of people have at least needed a sweep before anything's started...

I had a sweep at 40 + 6 which didn't work
I was induced at 40 + 8 due to mobility problems. xxx

i had 3 sweeps last time and declined induction and finally went into labour 2 weeks late :roll:
i have a sweep booked for wednesday and will again decline the induction as i feel its unnecessary if the baby and mum are well.

what i found interesting when i was reading around it with nathan is that in france they dont class you as full term til 42 weeks (i dont live there so dont take this as gospel but im sure i read it) and there were some interesting accounts of women that carried all theie babies to 44+ weeks with no problems. not advising it but thought it was interesting reading. :D

I was induced at 38+6 due to suspected intrauterine growth restriction.

i didnt need actually inducing , but i did have the drip that brought on contractions , prob cos i was so early even tho i was already 1-2 cm and they broke my waters .

bit complicated huh :rotfl:

~Just a plain sweep for me. I think there could be a lot of inductions for people having their first babies as first babies are more likely to be late? Or so I heard.

i think also we get a bit lazy in the last weeks, before women had forums to take up our time we were more active so that encouraged labour???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All 3 ofmy babys have been induced, the 1st 2 at term + 10 and the 3rd due to waters breaking and no contractions with in 48 hrs

I popped naturally with both...they both came when they were ready.. Tia was overdue...and I had my induction booked...sweeps didn't exist back then...so it was all natural... I had a drip to increase my contractions after Tia to help expel the placenta...and at the end of my labour with Serena to help lengthen my contractions (They were irregular, too short but very strong)...and It made me dilate 3cm in under 10mins so it wasn't really needed.. :roll:

with my first i was completly natural, no induction or sweeps or anything, he was 2 days late

with my 2nd, i was diagnosed with intauterine growth restriction, and was induced at 38 weeks. he was 5lb 4 when he was born. i had my waters broke then about an hour later when contractions didn't start up on their own i had the pitocin drip. he was born an hour or so later lol. easiest labour ever!

My 1st came on her own 1 week early.
My 2nd was induced 11 days over.
My 3rd I had a sweep at 40+3 and he was born at 40+5 so I reckon the sweep did it.

I had inductions with both of mine at 42 weeks.

My labour started on its own, normally, had show then contractions started on the Tuesday evening, but by the early hours of Saturday morning he still wasn't here so I was drip induced, won't be doing that again, hopefully.

I had a sweep at T+10 and was already 2-3 cm and Lola arrived at T+12

i was induced at 39 weeks due to medical complications to do with my blood

I went into labour naturally with all mine (was due to be induced with my first the day i had her)

inductions so far dont seem to be as popular as i thought they would even though they are in the lead :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back