and the results are in......well kind of :/ *UPDATE*

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Bloody stupid doctors :evil:

Apparantly we are supposed to be pshychic and should have known that we actually should have made an appointment with the clinic we took the spermmies to and not our gp, to get the results.

Well we wernt told this, when we took the sample in it was a case of handing it to a guy in a white coat in a "thanks, bye" kind of way, we then called the surgery on friday to find out what to do next and were told "we have the results, I'll make an appointment for you to come in and get them". So thats what happened. Today. Dr didnt know how to interpret the results!!!! All he could tell us was he has a count of 49mil and 41% motility, and he "thinks" thats good!!!

He did make a lot of calls to try and get help interpreting them, and then told us we need to make an appointment with the clinic as they have the full report.

Which OH has tried to do today.

They told us to go back to gp.

im FRIKKIN FUMING RIGHT NOW!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

ffs. another case of left hand not knowing what right hand is doing. Bloody Doctors. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Im going for a stream gaze to calm down and then will phone them myself, I'll let you know how I get on lol

give them hell chick. Just found this in 3 seconds so what the fuck is up with your doctor I don't know :hug:

Sperm Count
Also referred to as the concentration, the sperm count is a measurement of how many million sperm a man has per milliliter of semen. On average, sperm count should be above 60 million/ml. Men who have less than 20 million/ml are thought to be infertile.

Sperm Motility
Sperm motility, or mobility, is an assessment of how well a man’s sperm moves. Ideally, at least 50%, preferably more though, of a man’s sperm should be active.

however more than one sample should be tested as it can change. I watched that food programme thing last night and that was really interesting, they had a man on with very low sperm count and mobility and ha had 2 fruit smoothies a day for 6 months and althought his sperm count and mobility didn't improve his sperm quality did and his missus got pregnant. (one of the 3 mens sperm did improve in quality, mobility and count)

What a twat. Sorry to hear you are being messed about!!

Well ive just phoned the clinic we took the sample to and they are not a fertility clinic as the gp this morning led us to believe, just a testing facility who then send the results back to the gp for interpretation. The guy I spoke to had a right laugh, apparantly the doc we saw this morn is known to be useless! He advised us to go back to gp we saw originally, who sent us for the test, which we have an appointment for next weds. He said if we were messed about anymore to write a complaint letter to health commison wales.

Oh well only another 8 days till we get the results!!!

Thanks for posting that info hun, its really helpful, I'll be stocking up on smoothies!!!

I think you just used all your mans good juice up before the test :rotfl: and you are gonna make a baby this month

Hi

Do you mind me asking where you went to hand in your samples?? You can pm if you prefer . Just wondering as last year when the doc sent us to check out everything we had an appointment at UHW and then we handed in the samples there and we had to go back for the results. Never had the option for a gp appointment!!

Sarah

whyslifesobig said:
I think you just used all your mans good juice up before the test :rotfl: and you are gonna make a baby this month

lol probably, we did abstain for 48 hours (how hard was that!!) but maybe that wasnt long enough :rotfl:

sazzle - it was caerphilly miners we took the sample to, we live in taffs well so i think gp sent us there as it was the closest

sazzle - it was caerphilly miners we took the sample to, we live in taffs well so i think gp sent us there as it was the closest
MINERS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
man it's bad if they have to mine his spermies :rotfl:

whyslifesobig said:
MINERS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
man it's bad if they have to mine his spermies :rotfl:

You dont want to know the images that brings to mind! :rotfl:

Sazzle, we were under the impression that what they had done but cearphilly miners is just a testing facility grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

whereabouts in wales are you by the way?

Big hug, Glitzy!

I'd be hammering away at a complaint letter right now if I were you. I can only imagine how disappointed you must have been!

Please do keep us up to date though, so we can see how you get on.

Another big hug,

~Tulips

nothing is ever easy is it???

Hope you get sorted soon :hug:

Well....we have an appointment tomorrow morning to see the doc who originally sent OH for the test, lets hope he can give us some answers!

Please wish us luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back