• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Result!!

ZoeM

Reaction score
:clap: :clap: :clap: I posted a few weeks ago about my period appearing from two different places (if you see what I mean!!) and me having to go to the doctors and convince them that this was happening without them having to check physically!!! :shock:

Well, today I went to see a doctor who believed me without trying to fob me off!! She used to be a gynaecologist (sp?) and talked about endometriosis immediately. She told me to only see her from now on.

My weight has also shot up by a stone which I also questioned and the soft hair on the sides of my face seems to be growing longer, which has never happened before. (I do not have a beard!) :rotfl:

She is sending me for some blood tests to check my hormone and thyroid levels.

This will be only the second month that we have been trying for a baby and she told me that it could take one or two years for me to get pregnant!??

She said that I had come to see her at the wrong time if I wanted to be treated for endometriosis as the drugs you have to take will stop you getting pregnant. Anyhow, she said that intestinal endo. would not stop you getting pregnant as it is blood coming into contact with the fallopian tubes that causes problems with pregnancies.

She also said that the endo. would probably disappear after having a baby. I have to wait six months and approach her for help if I'm not pregnant after that.

Has anybody else got endometriosis? and are you finding it difficult to conceive? Do you have intestinal edo?

Is anyone a bit hairy!! (only white/blond hair though!) and has found that this is a hormone problem which has effected their ability to concieve?

Z

cant help you with any advice but just wanted to say glad you managed to get to talk to someone who has taken you seriously, good luck with the blood tests and let us know how you get on :hug:

Glad you've found out what's wrong.

Good luck with TTC!

Hi

Glad you found a decent doctor now sounds like things are gonna start looking up for you.
Hope you conceive very soon!! and dont be shy
Katrina

Hiya, I don't know much about endometriosis but I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, it's a hormonal condition and some of the symptoms are that you have excess body hair and put on weight very easily. If you do a quick google search it'll come up with thousands of websites with more information.

Obviously it can take people a long time to get pregnant, even if they have no diagnoseable conditions. I personally was diagnosed with my condition in June this year, and told I would probably never conceive naturally, it would take a long time and may never happen. I was absolutley shattered, and came off the pill straight away, 'just in case'. Anyway, long story short - I conceived about 10 days after coming off the pill!

It can happen when you least expect it. What I'm trying to say is don't give up hope, it can seem like the end of the world when you know there's something wrong but miracles happen! It sounds like you have a lovely, supportive doctor, which is a good start!

Good luck TTC, I hope you stick around the boards, the ladies on here are lovely!

Sorry for the essay, I hope at least some of it helps...

Hi Zoe

I remember reading your posting first time around. Glad you have a helpful doc at last.

A friend of mine had endo, although it didn't have the symptoms you had. They discovered it when they did her laparoscopy. They did a quick tidy up of it while they were in there and 4 months later she was PG.

Apparently some of the hormones you have when you are PG keep it at bay making it easier to conceive again. That happened for this friend of mine. We started TTC as she had her first and she is now PG with her 2nd! :shock:

The hair and the weight do sound like PCOS. I'm surpised they are making you wait if they think you have endo and a possibility of PCOS. Mind you 6 months will soon pass and at least you know you don't have to go on for ages before they will do something to help.

Good luck TTC.

H

xx

Hi Zoe,
My GP thinks that I may have this too!
Symptoms: painful sex (sometimes), random groin/ovary pain, random spotting, random bleeding after sex, and still not being PG after 14 months of trying!
Have had blood tests today for levels of hormones etc, and scan (internal) next week. Glad to hear you're having blood tests already! Get the ball rolling!
I recommend charting aswell! Are you going to use OPKs?

Good luck with it all and keep us posted about how you get on with it all!

Helen,
That story about your friend has really given me hope. they are talking of doing a lap on me, so :pray: !!!!

Helen said:
Hi Zoe

I remember reading your posting first time around. Glad you have a helpful doc at last.

A friend of mine had endo, although it didn't have the symptoms you had. They discovered it when they did her laparoscopy. They did a quick tidy up of it while they were in there and 4 months later she was PG.

Apparently some of the hormones you have when you are PG keep it at bay making it easier to conceive again. That happened for this friend of mine. We started TTC as she had her first and she is now PG with her 2nd! :shock:

The hair and the weight do sound like PCOS. I'm surpised they are making you wait if they think you have endo and a possibility of PCOS. Mind you 6 months will soon pass and at least you know you don't have to go on for ages before they will do something to help.

Good luck TTC.

H

xx

Hi :wave:

Thanks for replies. MaybeBaby, do you have a kind of twisting pain in the region of your ovaries when you have a period?

...I'm going to have a search on the internet!!!

Thanks for support

Zo

ZoeM said:
Hi :wave:

Thanks for replies. MaybeBaby, do you have a kind of twisting pain in the region of your ovaries when you have a period?

I haven't had a proper period since before I went on the pill 3 1/2 years ago so can't really remember the exact pain - they were horrible though, one of the reasons I decided to go on the pill was to help with the pain.

Because I conceived straight off the pill with no period in between I don't know what they'll be like now I've been diagnosed with full blown PCOS, I guess I've got all that to look forward to!

Good luck with everything, don't forget to let us all know how you get on.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back