Restless Leg Syndrome!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi,

I know there have een post's on this before but i was just wondering if we came up with any cures? Or any way to releive it?

I was up all night last night and felt like headbutting something it was so frustrating. And as a result had to have a sicky today!

Its so horrible it drives me mad!

Lau
xx

I suffer from this....really annoying :evil:

I find the best way is to have my legs propped up, I actually have a full body pilow, so I have one end between my knees and ankles, this helps! You can do this with a normal pillow :hug:

Hi,

I have a body pillow that goes in between my knees but had to chuck it out of the bed last night. I tried putting my feet on cushions but they couldn't stop moving. I also put my long socls on incase my feet were cold!

And i tried sleeping on the sofa and even curled up on my mums bed for a bit.

But i couldn't stop the urge of moving my legs :(

Lau
x

I have every sympathy for you, i had this a couple of days ago and it drove me NUTS!!!!!! :wall:

My hubby massaged my calfs and i sat with my legs up for a while and it seemed to do the trick.

Hi

I had this in my last pregnancy and hope i dont get it again , nothing helped me i ended up just getting up :roll:
Katrina

I get this too in the evening when I am trying to relax in front of the tv/ read etc... it drives me mad. I end up jumping up and down, shaking my legs etc.. to try and stop it. Gladly it is OK when I am trying to sleep.

Sitting with my legs straight and slightly raised does help a bit, but it is driving me mad. They really ache!

Hiya, I posted about this a few weeks back. Its so annoying isnt it.

Luckily it doesnt affect my sleep but I hate it when Im trying to watch tv or sit and read a magazine and I just cant relax.

Going to see the midwife on Friday so I'll mention it but I've heard that all the medication for it is unsafe during pregnancy and its just something we have to put up with :x

I get restless legs really bad some days and it drives me mad! My boyfriend tried rubbing my legs and that worked....for a bit!

Last night wasn't so bad i tried to not think about it.

So i managed to get some sleep in between weeing once an hour and taking half hour at a time to find a comfy position!

Sleep is a thing of the past!

x

oh don't get me started on this :wall: it the worse feeling ever.... i just watch my hubby sleep and want to punch him :twisted:

i don't have any answers to help you... sorry but i know how your feeling.... actually a pillow between my legs usually helps.. try that :hug:

Some experts think (and other's dont lol) that restless legs can be caused by a malfunction in the way we absorb iron. I tried taking a tablespoonful of molasses every morning as it contains about 3 mg of iron, plus I was already taking a pregnancy supplement which had 14 mg of iron in it. The recommended daily amount for iron is 17 or 18 mg I think. I talked about it with my MW as I was feeling quite tired also and she pointed out the my iron levels were slightly down. The molasses really seemed to help - when I didn't take it I got restless legs, when I did, I didn't. But like I said some experts reckon restless legs has nothing to do with iron uptake lol, so it might just be a question of trial and error.

Interesting!

I am on iron as i have a history of anaemia, i forgot to take it sometimes though!

Wonder if it's related...........

x

Could be I guess. Chat about it to your MW, see what she has to say - I'm sure you can too much iron, better safe than sorry. Hope you get on ok with it, rls is a pain!

are preggy womem allowed deep freeze gel? i find this helps loads! plus laying on a solid floor , not ideal when ya preggy i know but sometimes it stops it long enough for the spasims to stop so i can get into bed !?

I read this post earlier today and had no idea what it meant.......I've been trying to get to sleep for ages and my right leg has been driving me crazy. I think I've been jinxed reading this, hope I can get to sleep soon :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back