Restless leg syndrome

yummy-mummy

Reaction score
I've been suffering with restless leg so badly over the last few weeks that it's stopping me from sleeping. It normally only hits at night but at the minute I'm in agony and can't keep still.

I got some fantastic tablets over the counter in America where you can buy pills to treat everything without needing to see a doctor. I doubt these would be safe during pregnancy and the only other things I've ever been given were quinine tablets so although I could drink tonic water with quinine I don't like the taste.

Does anyone have any healthy suggestions as to what I could take or do to get rid of this. I normally just put up with it but it's doing my head in to put it mildly :wall:

I have had this very badly also.......but much later in my pregnancy!

I have found the only thing that gives me some relief is to put my ankles/feet on a firm pillow at the bottom of the bed, so they are raised, I also cant let them get hot as it makes it worse, so tend to keep them sticking out of the duvet.....

I can usually remove the pillow after a few hours........

Give it a try!!

I've suffered from RLS for years and it drives me to distraction some nights! The only thing that helps me is elevating my leg, so putting a cushion between my knees and sticking my feet out the duvet to cool my legs down. Quinine helped for a little while but then it stopped, which was annoying.
If it's really driving you crazy, don't even bother lying there trying to get to sleep, it'll get worse and make you more and more mad! :evil: Get up, walk around and do something else for half an hour then try going back to bed again. The more I try and sleep the worse it gets so as soon as it starts now I just get out of bed and have a wander.

Hope this helps you get a good night :sleep: xxx

The only problem I have is that I can't sleep on my back due to 2 previous car accidents. Can you guess how much fun that will be when the bump starts expanding!

I'll try to keep the duvet off my feet and see if that helps and if I start getting really restless I'll get up for a while. I've found that occassionally putting my feet onto a cold floor helps but it's not always a cure.

Keep your fingers crossed for me for tonight as I look like I'm carry a week sworth of shopping bags under my eyes and the black lines are so pronounced it looks like DH has thumped me!

yummy-mummy said:
The only problem I have is that I can't sleep on my back due to 2 previous car accidents. Can you guess how much fun that will be when the bump starts expanding!

I'll try to keep the duvet off my feet and see if that helps and if I start getting really restless I'll get up for a while. I've found that occassionally putting my feet onto a cold floor helps but it's not always a cure.

Keep your fingers crossed for me for tonight as I look like I'm carry a week sworth of shopping bags under my eyes and the black lines are so pronounced it looks like DH has thumped me!

I have never slept on my back........and you shouldnt later in your pregnancy anyway!

Definitely try raising your feet....it works wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back