Jumpy legs...possible solution - watch this space!

topbird

Reaction score
Hi

I had my midwife appt today and I told her about my nightmare restless legs in the evening and she told me some new research has shown that quinine can really help with it.

So DH has been sent to stock up on tonic water and bitter lemon as I am prepared to try anything, it is driving me to insanity!

If this does not work she said to see my GP who can prescribe quinine tablets, that have a higher dose.

So.. will let you know if it works! :pray:

Funnily enough i've never drunk tonic water before but have developed quite a taste for it recently. I wonder if my body knows sumat i didnt!?? :think:

There was something on TV about this last night.... they said to drink loads of Tonic... hope it helps!

tonic water taste nice on its own?

i get jumpy legs you know an annoying feeling,just gotta keep moving them its annoying :lol:

might go out and buy one today then and try it with bitter lemon think we sell it

enn said:
tonic water taste nice on its own?

nope not really - is better with a vodka in it :D ... If you get tonic, try putting a slice of lemon or lime in it.

Or I got some schweppes bitter lemon, it is quite nice, like old fashioned lemonade. Actually says on the label it contains quinine too, which none of the other brands did.

No change yet - I had half a bottle of bitter lemon last night and still ended up hopping round the lounge shaking my legs about like a complete loon!

I'll keep watching this to see if it works - I don't get it all the time, but had it a few times and I feel like an idiot when I keep flapping my leg about :shock:

I hate tonic & don't like bitter lemon either though so if it works I'll need to find something else that contains the magic ingredient :lol:

I heard this too TopBird although I had forgotten about it till I read your post.

I like Tonic water with lime cordial. That makes it more palatable for me. Although I agree - vodka is the best to compliment it properly though. :think: I can't remember the last time I had a vodka. LOL.

lol i bought bitter lemon but it tastes discusting :lol:

ive put tap water with it too and still tastes yuck. think its the bitter taste lol

i dont like vodka anyway lol

maybe i should try lime cordial in bitter lemon :lol: :think:

I had a couple of glasses of tonic last night. Although my legs weren't so fidgety I still woke with cramp at 5am. Generally I'd say I had a slightly better night though. Usually I'm awake all through on/off.

I noticed an improvement last night.... had 2 more glasses of bitter lemon yesterday. So maybe it is a bit of a buider...

I have been mixing it with orange juice which is quite nice - about 2/3 orange to 1/3 bitter lemon

Wow!A solution to jumpy legs!!its been driving me insane! :x

Am off to the shop to stock up! yey! :D

topbird said:
I have been mixing it with orange juice which is quite nice - about 2/3 orange to 1/3 bitter lemon

I think that's what they call a St. Clements TopBird :dance:

damn and there was me thinking I had a new invention....... must get my application to Dragons Den out of the post quick..... :rotfl:

yea i was thinking of putting it with orange squash which would be similiar :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back